The rarest/most obscure recordable medium

vbimport

No. Authoring means exactly that - for authoring, i.e. non-erasable.

Thanks.
What is DVD-R industrial then?

Can you please do everyone a favour and search for answers to your questions before spamming the forums? I admire your level of interest and understand that there are various technicalities and topics of interest, but most of your questions have either already been answered or can be answered off-site.

Thank you.

I was just confused with the name. Apparently they are the same.

No problem, mate.
You behave still relatively nice.
I appreciate you for not firing off like an average StackExchange/XDA user.

This is the first time I am being criticized on MyCE for being over-inqusitive, but it is eligible.

167/5000

… and rightly so.
There are plenty of answers to your questions in the net.
You just have to make the effort to find and read them …
Think about it.

The first Kodak R80?
Silver reflection layer.

I was on my smartphone.
And even on modern smartphones, surfing Internet and especially doing research can be bulky.

This one apparently not. But nevermind.

What is that?

167/5000 - what´s that?

No idea. It was automatically generated.

May be numbers of my posts / all posts in this thread?

It’s a text size counter.

167 means your current posting text size.
5000 means the maximum size, I think.

Maxell HD DVD-R 15GB, made in Japan
HR0001-0816E06, I have no compatible drive drive to provide any details.

I wish that HD-DVD still existed today

Even I have not HD-DVD-burner, very rare here

I think I still have a 5pcs-slimcase-pack of this Fuji. It´s RITEKF1.

Lightscribe was much more popular because it came before Labelflash. But LS-drives gone some years ago, LF-drive Pioneer DVR-S21 is (still) available, but media is very rare since years

Today’s ultra rare media.

Maxell CD-R74B
Made in Japan by Hitachi Maxell, Ltd.
ATIP = 97m 25s 21f
Gold reflective layer, cyanine dye

So at long last, I found a nice cache of these early Maxell CD-Rs. I was fully expecting them to have unprotected top surfaces, given the “Blank Shiny Gold Surface” labelling, but they in fact have slightly shiny matte top surfaces. Still, a lovely looking type of CD-R that apparently had a rather poor reputation for quality back in the day.

Today’s ultra rare media.

Maxell CD-R74B (2x, 4x & 6x)
Made in Japan by Hitachi Maxell, Ltd.
ATIP = 97m 25s 23f
Silver reflective layer, cyanine dye

To the casual observer, this disc looks to be the same product as the one in the previous post, right? Well, this could not be further from the truth, as Maxell were known to sell different variations of even the same product number. Furthermore, it takes a trained eye to spot that this disc doesn’t have a gold reflective layer. This can only be confirmed by looking at the recording side. Also, notice the slight differences on the rear cover compared to the previous disc.

I also observed similar things at other Maxell CD-Rs of type 1,2 or 3.
For Maxell there seems to be no big difference and so is also the strategy given to the writer manufacturers.

There was also a Type 4, for 16X writing I believe.

Today’s super ultra rare media.

Ricoh “Type 74” Custom Print
Made in Japan by Ricoh Company Limited
ATIP = 97m 27s 60f
Gold reflective layer, cyanine dye

So I finally got my hands on some first-generation Ricoh CD-Rs produced up to early-1997. These are incredibly hard to find (and expensive when you find them). They have the darkest cyanine dye that I have ever seen, even appearing almost completely dark blue (like early Mitsubishi Azo) with a gold reflective layer. Please note that the photo of the recording side is of a similar disc as I will not be opening any of these.

JVC CD-R Music CD-R Audio Japan ATIP\MID: 97m24s01f