The rarest/most obscure recordable medium

[QUOTE=evo69;2130956]That TDK 550MB CD-R sure looks good. It’s a sad thing for it to be marred with a sticker :p[/QUOTE]

hehe yep, very nice media.
Dont even think about removing the sticker, Ive already ruined some old CDRs that way :frowning:

(I like Dark Forces, should work with DOSBox)

[QUOTE=Womi;2130959](I like Dark Forces, should work with DOSBox)[/QUOTE]

I still have a pressed disc of that game :wink: Can’t brag of cool rare/obscure media still, the best I could come up with are fakes :rolleyes:

Keep posting photos of those beauties guys and gals, reading this thread reminds me of the daily thong thread… :o I love it! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=SeanW;2130820]looks nice. Is that really a gold data layer or a design gimmick/impression?[/quote]Hard to say. The burn side is bluish, but does have a gold cast to it.

[QUOTE=evo69;2130956]That TDK 550MB CD-R sure looks good. It’s a sad thing for it to be marred with a sticker :p[/QUOTE]

Back then i thought stickers were nice.
I was proven wrong :sad:.

[QUOTE=Womi;2130959]hehe yep, very nice media.
Dont even think about removing the sticker, Ive already ruined some old CDRs that way :frowning:

(I like Dark Forces, should work with DOSBox)[/QUOTE]

I am not touching that sticker.

[QUOTE=evo69;2131047]Keep posting photos of those beauties guys and gals, reading this thread reminds me of the daily thong thread… :o I love it! :p[/QUOTE]
But this thread is better :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:.

DataTrack 2,4x DVD+R, made in Germany by Euro Digital Disc (generic MID: 001). Thanks Womi :flower:

Empation 4x DVD-R, made in Austria by 3A Media (VDSPMSAB 01 MID)

Sentinel 32x CD-R, made in Japan by TY, unlabeled shiny top media

Sentinel 8x DVD+R, made in Taiwan by Ritek (RICOHJPNR02 MID)

Sony Audio CD-R, made in Austria by Sony DADC (Sony ATIP)

TDK Audio CD-R, made in Luxembourg (TDK ATIP, cyanine)

[QUOTE=pepst;2131616]

TDK Audio CD-R, made in Luxembourg (TDK ATIP, cyanine)[/QUOTE]

Looks Half-Life-y :wink:

The sentinels are those value line or normal TY’s ?

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2131691]The sentinels are those value line or normal TY’s ?[/QUOTE]

I do not know :o. What is the difference between value or normal line (stamper code, serial numbers, etc.)?

This 6x TDK CD-R wasn’t rare at one time, but I still rather like the way it looks. Made in USA.

[QUOTE=larc919;2131717]This 6x TDK CD-R wasn’t rare at one time, but I still rather like the way it looks. Made in USA.[/QUOTE]

I have two TDK CD-Rs packaged just like that, only they are 1-8x rated.

[QUOTE=pepst;2131693]I do not know :o. What is the difference between value or normal line (stamper code, serial numbers, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

How many serials are on the disc ???

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2131839]How many serials are on the disc ???[/QUOTE]

Only one - UE250W0431780. Stamper number: 80 PC12091.
Test is here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/2006607-post155.html

Like THESE?

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;2131723]I have two TDK CD-Rs packaged just like that, only they are 1-8x rated.[/QUOTE]

Pioneer 8x CD-R

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : Pioneer
MID : 97m27s31f
Write speeds: : 8 X - 12 X - 16 X
Capacity: : 74:50.01
: 657 MB

Extended Information
Usage : General
Disc Status : Closed
Raw Data
ATIP
0000 - D0 00 A0 00 61 1B 1F 00 4A 32 01 00 00 00 00 00 - …a…J2…
0010 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - …

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2132203]Like THESE?[/QUOTE]

Zackly!

Esperanza “Football” CD-R (made by Gigastorage)

MMore 650 MB CD-R (made in the Netherlands by CPO, 97m33s00f - “illegal” ATIP code).

Maxell Protek DVD-R & DVD+R (impossible to find in Slovakia)

Samsung 4x DVD-R (Made in South Korea by BeAll Developers, MID: BeAll G40001)

Double Diamond Digital CD-R (made in the Netherlands by AOD Group, Plasmon ATIP)

Thanks dakhaas for Maxell Protek, Samsung, MMore & Double Diamond Digital media :flower::flower::bow:

Not sure if you would call them rare but i have 6 unopened packs of verbatim pastel x8 dvd-r (TYG02), 1 unopened pack of panasonic x8 dvd-r (TYG02) and about 30 odd tdk branded x8 dvd-r (TYG02) and about 8 or so tdk branded x8 dvd+r (yuden002).

The verbs and panasonics are 5 packs in slimline cases and the tdks are singles in standard clear jewel cases.

I also have a cd-r in the shape of a christmas tree.

I have old disc like the old verb cds and tdk cds but these have was used many years ago.

[quote=Jedi Master Yoda;2140293]Not sure if you would call them rare but i have 6 unopened packs of verbatim pastel x8 dvd-r (TYG02)[/quote] I have two 5pc packs of Verbatim Pastel 8x DVD+R (YUDEN000 T02) that I cannot bring myself to open. :iagree:

If anyone wants to see it, I can dig out my debranded KAO CD-R from back in the 1-4x speed era. They were printed with KAO labels, but they were later silkscreened over with black ink to debrand them.