The rarest/most obscure recordable medium

Targa CD-R 650 MB, 16x
ATIP 97m36s06f
Dye: phtalocyanine

Thanks to Vogelschreck for sending my some rare media - including the earliest CMC Magnetics, Princo and Prodisc DVD-Rs and especially for the new holy grail of my collection, Vivastar AG DVD-R (sold as MaxDisc)! :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Hui, even I never had Maxdisc DVD-R, know this brand from cheap black CD-Rs. And MMore with Bayer Macrolon was long time ago a common CD-R-brand which used mostly MBI-Code

I have some spare blank Swisstec DVD+Rs (Plasmon MID, made in Swiss), Commax DVD±RS (Interaxia and generic blank MID code, made in Malaysia and China/Hong Kong?) and CSI Photo mini CD-Rs (made in Italy) for trade.
Is anybody interested in exchanging those media for other rare media?

The Emtec could be Optodisc

Not sure about the Verbatim, IIRC it looks very similar to my CMC-Verbatims, but I can´t remember if it was DLP or DL. Blue Dye, but lighter than my 12x Verbatim DLP Super Azo (which is also the better choice)

sorry
what is so worth mentioning at K Hypermedia CD-R?

Does anyone know the brand Peacock?
This was burned beetween 1998 and 2000.
peacock

I only know the PC-brand, not sure if it the same brand.

I guess this ATIP is generic and it is used by several brands/Manufacturers, like Sky Switzerland

1 Like

Yes, i think it’s the pc brand.
The logo and the font looks the same.

Yes, everyone. I’m still alive!!!

Today’s rare media.

TDK CD-R74B
Made in Japan by TDK Corporation
Gold reflective layer, cyanine dye
ATIP = 97m 32s 00f

Came across these recently. Never seen any available for purchase in the 20+ years that I’ve been actively collecting media. This is yet another variant of TDK CD-R with gold reflective layer. Shiny non-printable surface.

@terminalvelocd
I saw by ebay,
you still alive …
Kind Regards
oldburny

If anyone is interested in some rare (or some less rare) CD/DVD media, drop me a message. I have a lot of media to clear and would rather sell to someone who appreciates it.

Do you have any early (2000-2002) DVDR media?

Because 74 min/650 MB CD-Rs are rather rare these days. :wink:

@pepst
ok. Thank you …

@terminalvelocd
@xeriax
@ all
Hi
i have a purchase option of
3x Pioneer RDD-60
1x Pioneer RDD-74A
for 10€ per CD.
Should I buy those?
Or is the price too high?
Regards

For collection purpose, I would say the price is OK but for data storage.

It’s the well known Peacock brand. :wink: