The Priest 2011 won't open with DVDFab

I just picked up the DVD “The Priest” 2011. Now before I let my teens take the movie I try to back them up so I have a copy just in case they do something to make it unplayable. I’ve bought a lifetime subscription to DVDFab and am running on DVDFab 8.1.1.2 and everytime I put it in, it dosen’t even open it completely. So I tryed it with 8.0.8.5 amd still dosen’t work. It see’s that there is a disc in the D drive but never opens it completely. Any info on trying to get this to work would be great.

Thank You in advance for any help on this topic

[QUOTE=Crawlman110;2600281]I just picked up the DVD “The Priest” 2011. Now before I let my teens take the movie I try to back them up so I have a copy just in case they do something to make it unplayable. I’ve bought a lifetime subscription to DVDFab and am running on DVDFab 8.1.1.2 and everytime I put it in, it dosen’t even open it completely. So I tryed it with 8.0.8.5 amd still dosen’t work. It see’s that there is a disc in the D drive but never opens it completely. Any info on trying to get this to work would be great.

Thank You in advance for any help on this topic[/QUOTE]

Hi Crawlman110

Welcome to the forum :flower:

It may be new protection, please give this a read to send the necessary
info http://club.myce.com/f116/how-send-us-correct-info-files-dvd-blu-ray-228008/#post1887290

:slight_smile:

The Priest 2011 can be backed up with Version 8.1.0.8QT Paid version

If you have the Free version you will have to wait for it to be updated

I had no problem backing up Priest with version 8112Qt. Worked like any other movie. I’m using Windows 7.

[QUOTE=bean55;2600316]The Priest 2011 can be backed up with Version 8.1.0.8QT Paid version

If you have the Free version you will have to wait for it to be updated[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I keep forgetting to ask about whether the free version is being used or not :doh:

Hi maybe i’m missing the point to the Moderators question.Here is my problem.

Crawlman110 does say in his post

I’ve bought a lifetime subscription to DVDFab but yet the Moderators do post are you using free version you will have to wait for update.Like many others in here I to have paid version for life so why would I waste my time and wear and tear on my burner when I have the paid version.Maybe I again missed the point on why Moderators ask if it is free version you are using when the person post and clearly said I have lifetime or bought version you need to ask are you using free version.I am not computer smarts i’m not trying to tell you how to to your reply but have noticed in the past you ask the free version question.Clearly states bought version in this post.Please explain it to me so I know in future not to ask this question again.I hope I explained it right so that we are all on the same page of thinking.

Thanks.
Jeannie :confused:

[QUOTE=altitude;2600347]Hi maybe i’m missing the point to the Moderators question.Here is my problem.

Crawlman110 does say in his post

I’ve bought a lifetime subscription to DVDFab but yet the Moderators do post are you using free version you will have to wait for update.Like many others in here I to have paid version for life so why would I waste my time and wear and tear on my burner when I have the paid version.Maybe I again missed the point on why Moderators ask if it is free version you are using when the person post and clearly said I have lifetime or bought version you need to ask are you using free version.I am not computer smarts i’m not trying to tell you how to to your reply but have noticed in the past you ask the free version question.Clearly states bought version in this post.Please explain it to me so I know in future not to ask this question again.I hope I explained it right so that we are all on the same page of thinking.

Thanks.
Jeannie :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi Jeannie

I’m the only Mod who posted in this thread so far and I didn’t ask any question, just made a statement about asking. :smiley:

As for as a member asking such a question when a user/member has stated he/she has a paid version, this happens to a lot of members on the help squad due to over looking it either from reading in a hurry or having poor eye sight like me. :bigsmile:

Hi Jeannie

I did say " If " and as Storm says it usually is because of being in a hurray and running across the issue of paid version vs Free version so often while trying to help.

@Crawlman110

What do you mean

it dosen’t even open it completely.

Thanks for the replies.I always learn more and more everytime I do ask questions.I knew if I did’nt ask it would just bug me until I did ask.

I love comming in here and read alot of posts even if it has nothing to do for me I just like to learn as much as I can.Every now and then I will ask questions just so I understand and I thank you for always being polite in replying.

Yes sometimes I do get scared to ask a question and have a reply that is snapping back at me but never has happen and that is why I like this Forum.

Thanks.
Jeannie :slight_smile:

Hi Jeannie

I love comming in here and read alot of posts even if it has nothing to do for me I just like to learn as much as I can.Every now and then I will ask questions just so I understand and I thank you for always being polite in replying.

That’s how I started, reading even if it didn’t have anything to do with what I do.

Yes sometimes I do get scared to ask a question and have a reply that is snapping back at me but never has happen and that is why I like this Forum.

Never be scared to ask especially not here.
Though some may be having a bad day when they answer they are mostly considerate around here.

Thank you guys for all the replies. I brought the DVD back today and had them give me a new one. Then it worked perfect in DVDFab, must have just been the disc. What I ment by not opening was when I put the DVD in the D Drive and open dvdfab it went on for two hours just trying to open it to the plot of seeing the chapters and what not.

Thanks Again Everyone!!!

Hi Jeannie,

Once in a while the license key doesn’t stick so even if they have a lifetime subscription the software will revert to the free version. I’ve had this happen a time or two over the years, can’t tell you why?? So asking the question when helping troubleshoot is not a bad idea. Welcome aboard!

[QUOTE=altitude;2600369]Thanks for the replies.I always learn more and more everytime I do ask questions.I knew if I did’nt ask it would just bug me until I did ask.

Thanks.
Jeannie :)[/QUOTE]

That’s what this place is all about Jeannie and I’m glad you’ve found it useful.

Don’t be scared to ask questions though.

We have all have different levels of experience here and in different areas, so the whole idea is that everyone can feed off everyone else’s knowledge. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Crawlman110

Glad to hear you got it done.