The PlexTools versions

vbimport

I think it was a bit difficult to find older versions of PlexTools Pro (such as version 2.14 …) and I would just like to add the download-archive-link for these versions so it will be easier to i.e. choose between 2.14 for correct audio-ripping as discussed in this thread :wink: :

About audio-ripping with new and old PlexTools

or 2.16 for newest possibilities ! (and later versions of course …)
The archive link :smiley: :

PlexTools Pro download archives / history

And for other Plextor-downloads :

Plextor download archives and news

Oh , and I’d like to add a poll to get some comments about the different versions !

I prefer 2.16. Works fine here and gives me a lot of options for my Plextor drives.

v2.12. CD/DVD Copy is broken in later versions, at least as far as audio CDs are concerned.

Hi , 2.12 was not released as an update - it shipped with PX-712 series drives ; yet it might be usefull if someone had a link to the mentioned 2.12 - and there are other downloads not covered by the above archive-links .
Ver2.01/Ver2.02a/Ver2.09/Ver2.12/Ver2.13(unreleased)/ :sad:
:o :o :o
By the way I’ve changed my name from Premium504A to Premium712USB as My Premium actually is a Premium-U and I expect the 712UF to arrive tomorrow !!!

I think I have v2.12 and 2.13 both. Let me know if you want them and I’ll have a look (currently at work so can’t check).

Ps. You could request a name change for your account instead of creating a new one. Let me know if you want this so I can remove the duplicate account for you.

Are the versions v2.17 and later beta or what ?
I can’t find these anywhere on the plextor web site…
Where are these (v2.17 and later) available ?

Pat357

There is no 2.17 yet… can I take back my vote and vote for 2.20? :bigsmile:

There is , at this time (28/8-2004) , of course not a 2.17-version of PlexToolsPro . I have added the possibilities of 3 future-versions which as an example may be named 2.16a or (as an example) totally skip the numberline into 2.21b ! :wink:

I think we should use this poll as a starting-point for looking into whether PLEXTOR could improve PTP or stop an eventual PTP-devaluation :a
OR
looking into whether WE might mess up the new versions through conflicts and issues with soft- or hard-ware … :sad:

Therefore I can only encourage people to write a bit more detailed about their version-choice , what system , OS etc.

I have tried 2.12, 2.14, 2.15 and 2.16.
In none of them can I do a “FE/TE” test on a CD-R disc.
It just tells me there is no disc inserted.

Anyone able to do this test?

CMC and Ritek media here.

I can run the test in 2.15 and 2.16 but I can’t remember if I tried in earlier versions. Discs are Prodisc and Taiyo Yuden CD-R.

Is your Plextor hooked up to a PCI ATA controller? PTP would not recognize blank media with mine on a Promise ATA-133TX card.

The Plextor is hooked as secondary master on the mobo ide controler.
The drive will write to cd just fine with plextools or other software, it just doesn’t seem to be able to do any of the “tests” on cd with plextools.
Not a big deal but would be nice to know if it’s the drive or the plextools.

Truth be told, I have not been “blown away” by Plextools software…seems somewhat crude and dysfunctional… It won’t write image files that are greater than 4gb. What’s up with that?

I think it’s a “big deal” if it doesn’t seem to be able to do any of the “tests” on cd with plextools … And images over 4 GB too ! :eek:

But sometimes a writer (example given my LG GSA4040b) wants to be on the primary IDE-master .
Maybe some drives like LG & Plextor just are to picky … or maybe You have too many writers (maybe too many LiteOn’s !) for Your system ??? :rolleyes:

Or too many writer-programs ? BTW it would be nice to know peoples experience with writer-programs co-existing with PlexTools Pro ; I have Nero 6 , InstantCopy7 and now the PlextorOEM-Studio9SE plus a couple of “testers” .

Back to Your problem , pal ! :iagree:
The solution is (of course) to get a PremiumUSB and a 712USB !!!

My mistake on the image problem. You have to use CD/DVD Copy to write images… :o

When I get a chance I may try the drive on Primary Master and see if that can resolve the “CD tests” problem.

Oh, and you can never have to many LiteOn’s :stuck_out_tongue:
Lot’s of people have trouble with them but they just keep on grinding for me…

Blinded by the LiteOns ???

hehehe…funny guy, but don’t you be bad mouthin my LiteOn’s:bigsmile:

Nice to see people vote - yet it would be nice if there was a context of why they prefer the versions , just a small commentary from time to time ; also to keep this poll alive and not moving out !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thanks in advance Thomas

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum, having found it while desperately trying to figure out why my PX-712A does such a lousy job of burning DVD discs. I sure have found I’m not alone!

Mine arrived with firmware 1.01 and I’ve updated it all along, now to the current 1.05. Burn quality is marginally better, but still not what I (or my DVD players) call acceptable. But that’s all being hashed elsewhere.

Here are my questions: With Plextools Pro, which of the tests is the best predictor of a good burn? Beta/Jitter, Read Transfer, Sum8, Sum1, Burst? Of the PI/PO tests, which is most relevant or important: Sum8, Sum1, Burst?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum alwayslearning,

The best indicator is the PI/PO test as it measures the amount of errors on your DVD disc. I generally use the default SUM8 test.

All of the tests are good and if you ran them all you would know exactly how good the disc you burned is but we don’t all have the time for that so I agree with G@M3FR3E@K and I also just run the SUM8 PI Error test.

This one test really does give you an idea of how good the disc you just burned is. Basically PI errors <280 is acceptable, PIE <100 is good and PIE <20 is exceptional. Of course this is just my own interpretation of the results and your mileage may vary depending on what you are doing with the discs.

At the end of the day when you run all tests and the results say your burn is rubbish but the disc works in your DVD Player & your PC etc. you will realise that they are only guidelines and not an absolute definitive way to check whether a disc is good or bad.