The Other Guys Cinivia archive worked

vbimport

Archived main movie of The Other Guys with the HD audio track only. Made ISO. Playback of the ISO is perfect through my Pivos AIOS media player. Sound and picture both great. No issues with the copy protection.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2639358]Archived main movie of The Other Guys with the HD audio track only. Made ISO. Playback of the ISO is perfect through my Pivos AIOS media player. Sound and picture both great. No issues with the copy protection.[/QUOTE]

That what makes Media players so much better for playing them back with instead of a PS3 or a DVD Player that infected with a Cinivia firmeware update

It is a very reasonable “work around” too. On sale the AIOS is 69 bucks. Easy to use and if you want to put a hard drive in it to store your archived ISO’s, you can do that too.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2639358]Archived main movie of The Other Guys with the HD audio track only. Made ISO. Playback of the ISO is perfect through my Pivos AIOS media player. Sound and picture both great. No issues with the copy protection.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that’s certainly a good option.

I’m not aware yet of any media streamer that supports Cinavia so the likes of the Western Digital models are also a good choice.

[B]Wombler[/B]

There is a rumor, I repeat a RUMOR, that Realtek is getting out of the media server business. If so their last chip, 1186, might be the last chance of picking up a lower priced unit that can playback iso’s.

The AIOS is the 1185 chipset.