The Orphanage

vbimport

I recently tried to back up my dvd The Orphanage (region 1) and neither DVDFAB 5.0.1.2 nor 4.1.2.0 could complete the media scan. They both just timed out and I had to go to task manager to end them. I also tried with and without path player – same thing.

Any similar problems with this or other DVD’s?

Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem. Let me know if they find a fix for this.

I had the same problem but if you disable pathplayer it will backup successfully. However, a fix is in the 5012 beta that just came out.

I’ve had absolutely no decryption issues with any of the 5.xxx beta releases.
Yesterday, I created a bkup of Orphanage, R1, WS with Platinum 5.0.1.0, [B]Always enable PathPlayer [/B]. First I did customize (stripped down to the main title only, no menus, etc.) and burned it to an SL…no problems whatsoever…playback is fine.

Also, I was fooling with the new app a bit…you know, kick the tires and cruise around the block…so I also ripped it in clone mode. This time I didn’t burn it, but when viewed from the hdd with VLC, it plays without a hitch…able to navigate just as you would on a disc.

I also tried it with PP disabled…I didn’t rip it it, but it analyzed without any problems.

Once in awhile, we see more than a fair share of “bad presses” or even multiple versions in a specific region.
My first thought here is that the problem is with the specific disc and not the software.
I know it’s a PITA, but if this is the only movie that’s causing problems, I’d exchange the disc…

Well guys . . .

I am using 5012 beta that just came out and I tried again and got the same result – timed out . . . task manager end now . . . no joy.

And for kicks I tried 4120 again - with & without pathplayer and some other options I remembered from other posts – same result as 5012 — no joy.

I was just about to really get my hands dirty with options and fixes when it dawned on me.

Feng has given us all we need in most cases to do anything and get through any problem. DOn’t over complicate. Sometimes instead of the nuke or the phaser you just need an old-fashioned gun.

So I tried my DVDFAB 3.xxxx version which I keep for situations just like this.

It made a PERFECT backup of the DVD.

I then went on and tested it with my Golden Compass, Hero Wanted,
Backwoods, Battlestar Galactica Season 3 dvd’s to name a few.

You already know what happened.

Keep your old versions folks . . .

Aint no such thing as junk on this site . . . .

FAB 5.0.1.0 with PP off ripped this movie with no problem and also some of the others you mentioned, There is another post I started on the Orphanage and several other people had the same problem as myself and one of the posters said to turn PP off and it worked great, BTW when you turned PP off did you close and then restart the program as that is what is required to do not just check it off

i tried today,had to disable pathplayer

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2048866]FAB 5.0.1.0 with PP off ripped this movie with no problem and also some of the others you mentioned, There is another post I started on the Orphanage and several other people had the same problem as myself and one of the posters said to turn PP off and it worked great, BTW when you turned PP off did you close and then restart the program as that is what is required to do not just check it off[/QUOTE]

yes I did do this. as I said, if you have access to them keep your older releases. if you don’t have them, then when Feng releases 6.xxx, install it but keep your 5.xxx.