The Orphanage (FAB Plat 4120 0r 5.0.0.0 won't open it

vbimport

DVDFAB Platinum both versions won’t open it up so I tried NextCopy and it worked, looks like there are 2 title sets on it, couldn’t figure out a way to send files to Fengato being that FAB wouldn’t open it. Looked at disc in windows and it would take me forever to copy them and to send as I am on dial up perhaps someone who has high speed could send them please
The Orphanage
Region 1
Widescreen
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

same problem here as well. but i disabled path player completly and works fine now.

I’ll have to second that motion. I just bought the Orphanage (GREAT FLICK BTW) and backed it up with DVDFAB PLAT 4.1 etc. and it worked fine.

Had the same problem initially, but once Pathplayer was out, it backed it up in a jiff!

[quote=musicnyman;2043024]same problem here as well. but i disabled path player completly and works fine now.[/quote] :bow::bow::bow: Thanks a million it worked great with PP off, I always have it checked to enable when necessary and then tried it with it on and never thought about turning it off, getting old here I guess, mind slipping :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So I guess the problem with this disk is a bit different than that found with “Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead”, even though it displays the same symptoms. In my case, I have PP set to “enable if necessary”, and it scanned forever until I cancelled.

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;2044294]So I guess the problem with this disk is a bit different than that found with “Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead”, even though it displays the same symptoms. In my case, I have PP set to “enable if necessary”, and it scanned forever until I cancelled.[/QUOTE]

I’m hoping to pick up this title later on today, by tomorrow for sure.
Just a personal observation. I don’t like the “enable PP when necessary” option. If the disc fails to analyze, I’m never sure if it’s because it was enabled or not, ie., if it did what it was supposed to or not.
I’d rather have it on or off, period.

My preference is to have it enabled, plus I really like the navigation options such as changing the playback order of the titles. The downside is the “analyze phase” takes a bit longer, but really not any big deal.
Anyway, just my 2 cents…whether you wanted to hear it or not…:rolleyes:…sorry, not trying to tell you what to do…

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2043082]: never thought about turning it off, getting old here I guess, mind slipping :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

OT…sorry

Jimbo,
Hey pal, hate to tell you, but this behavior isn’t a sign of “getting old”, it’s a sign [B]OF OLD[/B].
Welcome to the club…:bigsmile:

I heard its a good flick also but unforunately I hate to wear my glasses to read subtitles, my son watched it, and it did backup fine with Pathplayer disabled.:flower:

[quote=maineman;2044309]If the disc fails to analyze, I’m never sure if it’s because it was enabled or not, ie., if it did what it was supposed to or not.
I’d rather have it on or off, period.[/quote]

I understand this sentiment, and I think I will set it to Always Enable from here on in. One question though - say PathPlayer is enabled, but the DVD does not require it to be, and further suppose you do not want to edit the navigation, but simply want to make a 1:1 Clone - would the clone made with PP ON be any different than the clone made with PP OFF?

One could argue that a clone is a clone, but I do know that clones differ between DVDFab and AnyDVD/CloneCD combo.

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;2044375] would the clone made with PP ON be any different than the clone made with PP OFF?
[/QUOTE]
Excellent question and the short answer is, I don’t know…but I suspect they are identical to one another.
I don’t believe you can edit the navigation in clone.

Just the woofer and I hanging out this eve. I plan to kick back and watch more of Ken Burns “The War”…a really outstanding series for anyone interested in WWII.
Anyway, time on my hands, I’ll throw in a disc and try it both ways in clone mode.
I’ll try "Charlie Wilson’s War"
I generally tick [B]Copy DVD-Video Data Only[/B] and I’ll also copy the original .IFO files.

[quote=maineman;2044312]OT…sorry

Jimbo,
Hey pal, hate to tell you, but this behavior isn’t a sign of “getting old”, it’s a sign [B]OF OLD[/B].
Welcome to the club…:bigsmile:[/quote] LOL I think maybe you are right on that Tom :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;2044375] would the clone made with PP ON be any different than the clone made with PP OFF?
[/QUOTE]
Hi again HAM,

The “clones” are identical to one another. I confirmed this last night by creating clones of the same flick, one done with PP, one without.
Both output files are 7,987,302,400 bytes and are identical when viewed with IsoBuster

Good to know - thanks, maineman!