The Night Listener R1 - "AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS keys on this disc"

vbimport

Trying to back up The Night Listener, region 1.

AnyDVD 6.1.1.2.
Liteon LH-20A1H

Error box comes up after disc is inserted:

AnyDVD window:

Summary for drive X: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.2)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H LL06 2006/11/23 17:30
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1969808 sectors (3847 MBytes)
Total size: 3154875 sectors (6161 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NIGHT_LISTENER
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I didn’t use any region hacks or tools; it’s a new drive I’ve only had for a few weeks and I didn’t set the region yet. I went ahead and went into Device Manager and set the region for the drive to Region 1. After doing this, the error box no longer comes up.

Could anyone please provide further detail as to what’s going on exactly?

I asked a friend who has that movie and he said version 6.1.0.7 and shrink worked out on it no problem.

you need to set the drives region (with anydvd disabled), as it says, as you now have done it and it doesn’t show any more everything will be fine

The problem is with the Liteon not AnyDVD. The later modelLiteons have problems with cetain programs. It won’t work with Nero either. Set the region that you are in to your drive.

Right, but I’m wondering why. Alan1476 seems to be saying it’s specific to Liteon drives…

I got this message and my drives were set to region 1 where i live. The drives were BenQ 1620/40.

I also got this message recently apropos a 2-disk copy of RYAN’S DAUGHTER which a friend brought me back from England (Region 2) - I’m in Australia (Region 4). The two disks seemed to back up satisfactorily, though. (Note. I use ‘AnyDVD’ in conjunction with ‘1 Click DVD Copy’.)

• Ken

i think anydvd needs the drives to have their region set, not sure what happened to rolling 56 though :confused:

:slight_smile:

So is this non-country code just unqiue to liteon drives? And can someone tell me why they dont have the region set rather then have the users choose the region after first purchasing the drive? This might sound like a absurd question to ask but shouldn’t the manufacture put a instruction list on their site or brochure with each drive they manufacture and sell?

My Plextor drives came with no region code set (PX-708A, PX-716A, PX-750A & PX-760A). Personally, I’m happier that I get to set the first region code. As for how to change the setting it’s easy enough and there are more than a few ways to do it.

You can go into My Computer and the drive properties and do it, very simple.

Yes, you [I]should[/I] hard-set the country/region of your DVD ripper and burner. This cannot be done with AnyDVD running … you must exit AnyDVD then go to your drive’s properties and make the hard change.

But it is also true that when you see the “can’t decrypt all the title-sets on this disk” error message, you can most often just proceed with your rip and burn with no ill-effects. Some Titles are just jpeg galleries or other "less than “true video” titles and Any DVD is just regestering a complaint and that often doesn’t stop a successful backup.

But, [I]sometimes[/I], is [I]is[/I] not having hard set the region code, depending on the authoring of the region encoding on the original.

Whisperer

Ok, cause I did have that same message as Pelvis Popcan but it did continue as it normally does and nothing was wrong with the copy. But I think there will be a time when certain DVD will bulk if the region isn’t set preventing any copy or reading.