The New Release Is...Bad?

vbimport

#1

So I updated to 5.1.2.0 yesterday…what happened?

DVDFab no longer recognizes movie names, ALL movies now come up as “DVD_VOLUME”. On top of that, the weird “sound-problem” that was an issue a few versions ago seems to be back, just not as bad (the strange ‘chirping’ noise and the sound is off).

Please tell me that it’s just me…that there is a setting somewhere to fix this. :iagree:

Awesome program - thank you for all your hard work ironing things out!


#2

[quote=macagain;2167910]So I updated to 5.1.2.0 yesterday…what happened?

DVDFab no longer recognizes movie names, ALL movies now come up as “DVD_VOLUME”. On top of that, the weird “sound-problem” that was an issue a few versions ago seems to be back, just not as bad (the strange ‘chirping’ noise and the sound is off).

Please tell me that it’s just me…that there is a setting somewhere to fix this. :iagree:

Awesome program - thank you for all your hard work ironing things out![/quote]
Please update to the latest beta
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-2-0-0-beta-out-257853/


#3

No problem here.


#4

I think that is the worse version i ad download.
Not able to make a copy with this version ad to came back to 5.1.1.0


#5

i got same problem with new one


#6

5.2.0.0 is doing the same thing so far. Whereas an older version would display the filename as the title of the movie, these newer versions only display DVD_VOLUME. The same goes for the directories created for each movie - DVDFab used to create a unique directory for each disc based on the filename, but now ALL converted movies are dumped into the same DVD_VOLUME folder.

I am testing the program now to see if the sound problem is gone…so far, it does seem to be much faster.

Two movies in particular that are giving me trouble with the sound are Pretty Cool and Snatch. I am using DVD-to-Mobile to create iPod movies from my personal collection.


#7

OK, so it’s just DVD’s on the hard-drive (ISO files) that show up in DVDFab incorrectly. Physical DVD’s show up properly.

The problem is in the [B]Task List[/B], under [B]Information[/B]. DVD’s show the [B]Disc Name[/B], but [U]ALL[/U] ISO files show up as [B]DVD_VOLUME[/B].

Under [B]Conversion Settings[/B], both the [B]File Name[/B] and [B]Title[/B] show up as [B]DVD_VOLUME.Title1.DVDRip[/B], or something similar. This too is new - they used to populate with the movie title based on the filename.

[U][I]These issues are NEW only to the most recent versions - it did not do this before![/I][/U]

[I][U][B]On the up side[/B][/U][/I], the sound issues appear to be fixed, and the current beta version seems to be MUCH faster than previous versions - at least on my intel Core 2 Duo machine running Windows Vista and 6GB RAM.

Thank you guys! The best program just keeps getting better!