The new future

vbimport

How is the future going to be ?

Future won’t be like star trek.

Cops: You just killed three people, while fleeing from the police, who were chasing you on an outstanding warrant, in which you tried to destroy the world.

Me: Well, I was possessed by an evil alien entity

Cops: Ahhh, I see… Move along, now.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
Future won’t be like star trek.

Probably not (cynic) its too utopian. People have an unfortunate tendency to try and kill each other too often. But a nice idea.

As for 1984, i hope not. That would be the RIAA’s idea of utiopa though;
You have thought about backing up a CD - Off to the Ministry of Love…

Well, Mr. B, nice poll you’ve got there. Unfortunately i do not now all books/movies so that’s a bit of a problem. What will become of the world. No idea. Always when I feel optmistic something happens that makes me feel depressed. I believe we are fucking this whole world, but who knows, people might still learn. Let’s hope it will become a neverending story.:slight_smile:

Mortal Combat: Saw some episodes…nice to watch, but not to live there…

Akira…watched it some time ago. Everyone sees that it’s made by the same people who made Dragon Ball (they simply don’t call their attacks Genkidama or Kamehameha but use other difficult words)

Star Trek: I like it, although people talk too much nonsense (you can’t leave a quantum singularity with imulse engines, even if your ship is called “voyager”), and has anyone checked the different klingon dialects? They even copied the English way to pronounce “H” :eek::eek: Only Star Trek 3 has a good klingon pronounciation.
Has anyone checked their speed? In one episode, Janeway orders to go 5.2 lightyears at warp 2…and forgot that this would take about 199 days.
I also doubt that the first warp engine will be online within 61 years…

…like in Terminator II: Judgment Day

Future? We have no future. Mankind will be erased from existence by fellow man. THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR! Repent now sinners before you are all sent to hell!:slight_smile:

Like Starwars! Because I am the emperor! Muahahahahaha!!
And I will rise again! :bigsmile:

I see the future in movies like Blade Runner , 12 Monkeys or 2001:Space Odyssey.

Originally posted by The_Judas
I see the future in movies like Blade Runner , 12 Monkeys or 2001:Space Odyssey.

All three of them combined or in some particular chronology ? :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Crazy Bob
…like in Terminator II: Judgment Day

ow damn , how on earth could i forget that one !

i know … only 10 options (phew , saved !)

good choice… but hopefully not the truth.

2001 - A space odyssey: is really a looong and boooring film. Turned it off after 30 minutes… It’s soooo slooooow. And the apes trow the bones in the ground soooo slooooow. And they play classic music, music that is sooooo sloooow.

/me likes ooooo today. Gooooodnight! :slight_smile:

yeah, 2001 is not up to todays standards about speed. But it is a damn fine movie with a message. (something we don’t see in todays movies) :slight_smile:

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]Future won’t be like star trek.

Cops: You just killed three people, while fleeing from the police, who were chasing you on an outstanding warrant, in which you tried to destroy the world.

Me: Well, I was possessed by an evil alien entity

Cops: Ahhh, I see… Move along, now. [/B]

Future my @ss…welcome to america/australia

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]

ow damn , how on earth could i forget that one !

i know … only 10 options (phew , saved !)

good choice… but hopefully not the truth. [/B]

or how about Waterworld?

Originally posted by Crazy Bob

or how about Waterworld?

Not as scary as Terminator 2 , but nevertheless a very sad future.