The new dvd fab express is a BIG FAILURE

ok, i went to setting section, the write speed is selected as Recommended.

writable media size is selected at 4300. write type of dvd-r media is selected as AUTO.

slow it down to maybe 4X or 8X the recommended has given some people trouble and select SAO

where is SAO. You mean in section where it says

write type of dvd-r media? I select SAO writing instead of Auto?

is that correct?

yes use the drop down arrow

do i need to check the box that says

verify disc after finished burning?

the write speed that says recommended, what speed is that burning at?

don’t use the recommended use from 4X to 8X try 8X no you mdon’t need to verify after burning as it is a waste of time as long as it burns ok with no errors you don’t need to verify

what is the best burning engine, nero, img burn or vso?

I don’t know what speed it’s burning at but it has caused problems with that setting

Imgburn Hands down is the better of the 3 options

[QUOTE=danbrown;2486869]what is the best burning engine, nero, img burn or vso?[/QUOTE] that depends on what you want to use myself I use the VSO and other people recommend ImgBurn I have used both but would rather stick with one software and use the VSO although the ImgBurn works good also and many people swear by it

ok just started, the burn should be done in 18 minutes

ok good luck I hope it works for you this time

ok, i am crossing my fingers. It is passes, i would be very happy. I am still a big fan of the old one. The old version, you just press start and that was it, the new version has too many bells and whistles.

what program do you use for software burning. I know dvdfab is for burning dvdsonly.

[QUOTE=bean55;2486872]Imgburn Hands down is the better of the 3 options[/QUOTE] Could be Eugene but the VSO works for me ok so far with over 400 movies backed up with it but like I said have used both. Lets get his setting fixed first then he can change burning engines if he wants, don’t want to confuse him with setting up ImgBurn as the burning engine just yet

[QUOTE=danbrown;2486876]ok, i am crossing my fingers. It is passes, i would be very happy. I am still a big fan of the old one. The old version, you just press start and that was it, the new version has too many bells and whistles.

what program do you use for software burning. I know dvdfab is for burning dvdsonly.[/QUOTE] I use DVDFAB plus one other for burning DVD’s, the other one you can put something like 25 dvd’s on a br disc and for cd’s I use CDBurnerXP (free) Have to agree to many bells and whistles added in for stuff I’d never use

Ok, it failed again. Now what

the same exact error message. I will try at 4x burn instead of 8x burn and see what happens.

what brand of burner and how old is it and what version are you using also does the burner have the latest firmware installed

Look here and at post #18 http://club.myce.com/f116/task_2-failed-error-111-dvdfab-platinum-6-0-6-0-higher-302565/#post2485817

[QUOTE=danbrown;2486882]the same exact error message. I will try at 4x burn instead of 8x burn and see what happens.[/QUOTE] ok