The Merged DVD folder is not playble

Hello

My OS is WinXP Pro.

I am using DVDRemake to Merge two DVDs (PAL, one in 4:3 and the other 16:9) and I am facing a serious problem.

I did the following:

1. I have added Two VIDEO_TS folders using “Import DVD” function.

2. I used Tools>Merge to merge the DVDs. I got a new project window named as Project 3.

3. I used “Export DVD” feature to get the DVD files in a HDD folder.

Problem:

If I drag and drop the result folder in VLC (thats the MM Player I use), it can not be played.

The Target folder is way above the preset size (DVD5) in the Export/Import setting.

Please correct me if I am wrong:

Isn’t this program supposed to keep all the original Menus of the respective movie and re encode the input DVDs to fit in the Target Size?

Please tell me how can I solve this issue?

Thank you.

Sorry, one more thing I missed. Both are not in PAL. One in PAL and the other in NTSC.

Is that causing the problem?

DVDRMP is not a transcoder. If you wish to reduce the size of the DVD, try well known products such as DVD Rebuilder, DVD Shrink etc.

As for combining PAL and NTSC, that is just not on. If you wish to combne these DVDs, you will need to do a framerate conversion.

Regards

Hello blutach

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any tool which will let me do a frame rate conversion retaining all the original Menus and other features?

You will need to convert the menus as well as the video. I prefer Procoder, but it is pricey. You could try SUPER.

After you have the menus converted, you’ll need more work to get the highlights turned on. The process is not trivial, although manono has made a bit of an art about it. Search for posts of his on Videohelp.

Regards

Using Procoder is a Piracy? Sorry I do not understand what exactly you meant. :?:

Anyway thanks. :slight_smile:

I shall search and download the SUPER as you said. And afterwards the post of manono. I hope that I do not have to go through the membership process again in that forum.

Piracy? I said pricey (ie costs a lot). Ay! Karumba.

Regards

:lol:

Missed that m8…

sorry :smiley:

No problem :slight_smile:

Here’s a way to convert to NTSC using AVISynth scripts.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1064777#post1064777

Regards