The marriage of Plextor and SafeDisc 2

The marriage of Plextor and SafeDisc 2 ;(

Read this slowly and carefully ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Today I had a nice talk to XiT (coder from DiscDump).We talked especially about Plextor and about SafeDisc 2.First I want to say we just have some suppositions. I have now to do more
tests on more burners, right now I can just say with 100 % about Plextor 124 TSi and about Plextor 1210A. XiT said he have done many tests with his burner, and nothing helped. It was not able to copy SafeDisc 2. But then he had a great idea

He used the oldest firmware he had on his HDD. The 1.01 for Plex 1210A. And then suddenly his burner was able to copy the CDs without any problems He used as I said the Plex 1210A with the old firmware and a combination of DiscDump and CDRWin. So after he has told me that, I was first shocked, and then I wanted to do my own tests ...

I have the Plextor 124 TSi (it is an SCSI drive and so its not DiscDump compatible, but XiT is
working on a SCSI version of DiscDump). I downloaded the oldest firmware which is compatible to CloneCD and then I made my test series ...

ADVERTISEMENT

I got "No One Lives Forever" and "Red Alert 2" both in german, but I think that doesn´t matter 😉 First I tried to read and burn the CD with my Plex 124 (the newiest firmware from Plextor (v.1.07)) and with CloneCD. When I want to run game the game tells me: Please enter the right CD .. (you surely now this fucking text )

So, and now I downgraded the firmware from v.1.07 to v.1.04. I did everything again.
Read the CD with CloneCD and burned it with CloneCD. Everything with the Plex 124. And it really worked,I was just impressed. I tried now with some other games, and every copy was working

So first it was just a hypothesis, but now XiT and me we have some evidence. Right now it really looks like Plextor modified the firmware of their models so, that they become incompatible to SafeDisc 2.

Here I gave you the information to copy SafeDisc 2 protected games with Plex 1210A and Plex 124.
Try to find an old firmware for your burner. Don´t try Plextor.com ...

They have started to remove the old firmwares. And them try to copy your SafeDisc 2 protected games. Try with DiscDump and CDRWin (if you have IDE drives) or use BlindWrite or CloneCD ..
Plz try to burn it with the newiest firmware and with the oldest one you can find.
Then mail me n.b.cdrsoft.net
Tell me which burner you have, which firmware, and which program you have used, and if the copied CDs worked or not...THX !

ADVERTISEMENT

Folks, spread this information into every forum, every newsgoup, really EVERYWHERE !
Everybody should now about Plextor turned against us ! I remember a time when Plextor produced the best burners But now this times are over...

I will never buy a Plextor drive again !
SPECIAL THX go to XiT for submitting this news to me all the stuff you need you can find at:
CDRSoft.net

Source: CDRSoft.net

No posts to display