The Marksman (German) invalid Datablock!

The Marksman CloneDVD invalid Datablock with AnyDVD 5.5.5.1?

CloneDVD 2.8.5.1
PS 10 VOBU 4 32 8 Clone 6 TCE

AnyDVD 5.5.5.1
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.5.5.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: MARKSMAN
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Why did you post twice? :doh: Here and AnyDVD? :disagree: Read forum rules

Sorry, I think it is a problem of CloneDVD! With DVD2One v2 no error.

Steve

you just also posted twice… here and anydvd :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry, sorry, sorry :bow: :bow: :bow:

Solution for this problem:
1.) Drag and drop VIDEO_TS directory to your harddisk (AnyDVD running, of course)
2.) Use CloneDVD2 to write this directory to DVD media using CloneDVD’s 3rd button “Write existing Data”.

By the way “the marksman” will be released for sale in Germany on December 6, 2005.
You nasty boy are trying to copy a rental disc, aren’t you? :wink:

ok harmless, this was a test with new anydvd 5.5.5.1

Tru
I have noticed you are a great proponent of dragging the entire contents of an original to a HDD folder and then using CloneDVD’s “Write Existing Data” (3rd button) feature to get a working backup.

It has worked for me too. But I don’t know why it works better with “Invalid Datablock Error” problems. (sometimes it doesn’t rip that way either).

Assuming the original is not damaged or scratced, could you take the time to go into detail about why this method works better when one encounters the dreaded “Invalid Datablock Error” message when using CloneDVD’s 2cnd button, “Clone DVD” (DVD-ROM drive to DVD-RW drive)? Perhaps touching on:

1. why the same drive and optics get a read with one method and not another? (slows the read speed? notice it does take longer.)

2. should one drag only the Video_TS folder to HDD and ignore the Audio (if present) or other folders on the original?

3. any thing else (or tricks and hints) you’ld like to share with us about the method.

BTW: I’m not demanding that you answer or disputing your good advice but I am curious if you’d care to respond.

Thanks Tru,
Whisperer

You are talking about something completely different. PS 10 Error is an invalid Pack Header, not a read error. And I know that it works, because it did with the rental version of “Unstoppable”, which had the same error. It is a mastering error, not a production error like a defect. It has nothing to with the drive.
(I wonder why Wesley Snipes movies have invalid data headers? :slight_smile: )

The reaseon why “write existing data” works: The streams are not remuxed or transcoded, so the content of the sectors is not evaluated. “Write existing data” will work, even if complete garbage is in the files.
The other options manipulate the data and complain, if “garbage” is detected. A PS 10 Error is nothing else like “Source Data contains garbage, cannot continue”. It would be good, if elby CloneDVD2 could be made a little bit more tolerant to such errors.

If i copy these files to harddisk can i rip it down (with CloneDVD) to a DVD5???

This is not needed, the disc is already a DVD5:

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1