The manufacturer of CD-Rs with T80ND-D0004 stamper code

vbimport

I’m new and I have a very specific and possibly odd query.
I’m looking for the manufacturer behind the CDr batch ID as the label on the face is not there at all. These would be silver discs, probably sold directly to professional duplicators between 2002 and 2003.

The matrix in the mirror band looks like this:
T80ND-D0004.
They appear to have been replaced in 2003 by T80FD referenced CDrs. I’m looking for the manufacturer of the Discs. Sadly, my PC will not work with the CD Media information software which can read ATIP. Is anyone familiar with this CDr and willing to help out?

Those CD-Rs were most likely made by Ritek.

[QUOTE=pepst;2780827]Those CD-Rs were most likely made by Ritek.[/QUOTE]
That’s a good lead, thanks! Any idea where I might get confirmation?

Sorry - I was wrong (that stamper code doesn’t look like any known Ritek code). According to these Discogs posts, the real manufacturer should be Falcon Technologies (although I have never seen any FTI medium with a similar stamper code):

[I]

T80FD / T-80 / T-80-UG-2 / T-80-UG-3 / T-80-UG-5 plus other variants of T-80-UK# Warning. These are actually CDrs. The blank CDrs are manufactured by Falcon Technologies International but CDr authors include Capitol Records, EMI and Amazon, plus anyone who buys this blank brand of CDr.
[/I]
https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/338398
https://www.discogs.com/Fluten-We-Fade-To-Grey-Fluten-We-Fade-To-Grey/release/2617002

Sadly, my PC will not work with the CD Media information software which can read ATIP.

What kind of OS do you use? Do you have an access to any CD-R/DVDR drive?

[QUOTE=pepst;2780835]Sorry - I was wrong (that stamper code doesn’t look like any known Ritek code). According to these Discogs posts, the real manufacturer should be Falcon Technologies (although I have never seen any FTI medium with a similar stamper code):

https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/338398

What kind of OS do you use? Do you have an access to any CD-R/DVDR drive?[/QUOTE]
That quote is actually myself from a CD manufacturer identification list I compiled on Discogs.com. I discontinued it in May after finding it difficult to find the time to update the thing. The T80FD prefix was included in that line of text in error (or I lost the link to the information which led me to include that in with the others). They have a wiki now and they have continued my work there, I am in part doing this to rectify that error.

I use windows 7, however my drive isn’t being recognised in media code identifier and using nero discspeed, audio CDrs I burned myself are being read as CD (Audio) not CDr so there’s that problem too.

Could you upload a picture of the stamper & hub codes?

Sure:

[ul]
[li]Matrix / Runout (CDr batch number, mirror band): T80ND-D0010 9 A13[/li][li]Matrix / Runout (CDr serial number, clamping ring): 3711N3CB61D142069[/li][/ul]

https://www.discogs.com/release/8308043-Nightrain/images

[QUOTE=828321;2780842]That quote is actually myself from a CD manufacturer identification list I compiled on Discogs.com. I discontinued it in May after finding it difficult to find the time to update the thing. The T80FD prefix was included in that line of text in error (or I lost the link to the information which led me to include that in with the others). They have a wiki now and they have continued my work there, I am in part doing this to rectify that error.

I use windows 7, however my drive isn’t being recognised in media code identifier and using nero discspeed, audio CDrs I burned myself are being read as CD (Audio) not CDr so there’s that problem too.[/QUOTE]

ImgBurn can also tell you media codes. Discovery mode is an easy way to do this.

[QUOTE=828321;2780846]Sure:

[ul]
[li]Matrix / Runout (CDr batch number, mirror band): T80ND-D0010 9 A13
[/li][li]Matrix / Runout (CDr serial number, clamping ring): 3711N3CB61D142069
[/li][/ul]

https://www.discogs.com/release/8308043-Nightrain/images[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the mystery is now solved - these media are “SONY DADC Silver / Silver” CD-Rs, used mainly for mass duplication.

[QUOTE=pepst;2780857]Thanks, the mystery is now solved - these media are “SONY DADC Silver / Silver” CD-Rs, used mainly for mass duplication.[/QUOTE]
I thought there was a Sony link, but could not establish one. May I ask how you arrived at that conclusion?

And thanks Kerry, I’ll give it a go.

I have several Sony DADC Silver/Silver and Gold/Silver CD-Rs (used by local Slovak software & music publishers) with almost the same stamper and hub codes as yours.
Here is the picture of the Sony DADC MEDevidence Gold & Silver CD-R: http://www.wide-befundungsmonitore.de/sony-dadc-medevidence.html

Lovely. Mr. Pepst is a saint.

Glad to help. :flower:
By the way, do you have any other “made on demand” (Amazon, Warner Archive, Nimbus, etc.) CD-Rs or DVDRs in your collection? Would be interesting to know what kind of media do they use.

I’ve only two and one has no visible ientifiers. Both from Amazon.com (not UK). Here’s one:
Amazon.co.uk
T-80-UG-5 (10312102)
Z1JH A188 M728160669 A31

A search of Bandcamp and CDr or CDBaby and CDr will get even more examples on Discogs. I’ve literally had to tidy up thousands of them which were incorrectly added as CD.

I’ve a ton of other CDrs, which have been made by record labels etc for small runs. Sae principle I think:

I come across a dozen or so of these every day, mistaken for CD -
CD-R 80 CWLHT-1186 6414
D3127PG01123989LH
This CDr was from Westwood one. They sell broadcast CDr to licensed broadcasters. They also transfer files if required instead.

This one is from the Merge record label. It’s quite common. 80PG and 80PMs are everywhere. There’s quite a few variations on the the first two letters that we come across.
80 PG7476
31 2180D

You must recognise these, also find older ones using R015 up to R049…basically write speed, which you’ll know) - they’re not as popular as they used to be.
R052-2832-7221
N06810114 02708 16

Indie band handed me two promos. This and the one underneath. I know this is a repeat of another above, but it just goes to show that duplicators have no brand loyalty.
CDR 80 CWLHT-1229 C102
C311TTH1912W768LH

CDJ 76T MBI 80UG
3330 38 M E 4296

If you go to advanced search and enter 2016 in the year, CDr in the format section and sort the results by most recent, you’ll find modern examples of what people are using.