The longest journey

I tried to backup disc1 of “The longest journey” with CloneCD 4.2.0.2 and all went well, except that CloneCD could not read an entire sector near the end. Is this a bad thing? Will my copy work?
When I mount the image on Virtual Clone Drive and try to install the game, it says that “CD is busy. Please close all programs. Sometimes ejecting and reinserting might solve the problem.” or something like this. Could it be that the unreadable sector causes this problem? I believe that “The longest journey” is LockBlocks or LaserLock. However, I read the image with IBSS disabled, FES off and at max speed (48x). It took about 2.5 minutes. I have a LiteOn 40125W.

From what i know it has a SafeDisc version , but it couldn’t hurt to analyze.

I analyzed it with ClonyXXL and all it reported was that the protection is “defective sectors”.

Originally posted by kpapa
I analyzed it with ClonyXXL and all it reported was that the protection is “defective sectors”.

Then just skip the bad sectors and get CloneCD to make “new” bad sectors for the original. Should work. Still the SafeDisc profile should work :slight_smile:

How can I get CloneCD to make “new” bad sectors?
If you mean that I should check “Regenerate sectors”, I did that already…

The version of ‘The Longest Journey’ in Greece is protected with dummy files. No need to worry. Just select the option 'Read SubChannel Data from Audio (and Data) Tracks. Fast Error Skip and Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner may also help (don’t think so).