The liteon ltd-165h

vbimport

can anyone tell me where i can buy one of these (uk please)

anyone???

AFAIK, you can’t buy them outside Taiwan currently…

Originally posted by RegisteringSuck
AFAIK, you can’t buy them outside Taiwan currently…

Hi,

Jeese I’m lucky, I picked up my shiny new LiteOn LTD-165H in OZ today, we are normally months behind.

Hey OC-Freak, knowing me I’ll fu?k it up tonight trying to use the R1211.zip RPC-1 f/w patch on it. :rolleyes:

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

I don’t think the rpc utility will make any change.

But it’s worth a try :bigsmile:

I was under the impression it was a multi-region-free drive.

it is region free

Originally posted by tazdevl
I was under the impression it was a multi-region-free drive.

That will be the day!

Region protection is enforced on LiteOn same as on any manufacturer. They won’t even be allowed to carry the DVD logo if they don’t comply.

As for the R1211, see my reply at this neighboring thread:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45208

Actually they’ve changed the product page since they moved it off the LiteOn main site. Just checked it. Prior to the move, it was listed as multi-region capable.

As I said, perhaps they changed things given the fact that it’s in open violation of a copyright law or two.

I know all about R1211.

Or the other thing I was thinking was it might also be a translation issue from Chinese.

I suspect that what they ment by multi-region was not region-free. For instance, the 163 needed a special firmware to be compatible with some chinese cd-r’s.

Besides, if they found a way to sell a region free dvd and get away with it, they will be very happy to do it as it will sell like hot buns :wink:

As it is they have never made it difficult to unlock their drives, if they really wanted to they could have made their f/w r1211-proof long time ago…