The Lion King R1 US Will not copy

vbimport

This is the error I received when trying to copy The Lion King R1 US.

WARNING:

AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!
AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible,
that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly.

You can check the AnyDVD CSS Key archive from the AnyDVD
settings window.

NOTE:
To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive region code
to match the region of this disc.

Any idea’s?

Usually you can ignore this message. But how about changing the region code of your drive to match the code of your disc?

How?? I never had to do that before?? and yes I am using the latest version’s of AnyDVD & CloneDVD.

You can use AnyDVD Info Window to find details about the region of your Reader. 0 = Region not set.
How to set the region?
Disable AnyDVD, set the region with Windows Device Manager.
@SlySoft: How about adding hardware region setting to AnyDVD?

Background:
If region codes match, AnyDVD can extract the CSS keys from the disc. If region codes do not match, most drives refuse to give away the CSS keys. AnyDVD will then perform a “brute force attack” on the protected title set.
It does this very good, but sometimes a title set is too short (FBI Warning? :slight_smile: ) for a brute force attack, and AnyDVD cannot find the key 100%. In this case it will “guess” it with a high percentage of accuracy.
In most cases, these “guessed” keys work fine (You can mark the guessed keys as correct in the CSS archive).

Anything remotely interesting (movie, trailers, etc.) should be long enough to retrieve the correct CSS keys with a brute force attack.

Perfect it worked flawlessly my drive is region free and everytime i reboot it will reset but i’ll have to remember when i’m doing a backup to select the correct region. Thanks so much for your speedy response and great support :slight_smile: