The life of DVD2One V2

ReneB:

I agree with you on your comment about the guy asking for his money back. If you buy it, it’s yours.

However, you did not address the other items in the thread before you closed it.

I love DVD2One in it’s original release. All I want is the movie only. Don’t need all of the extras. Have never looked at anyting on a DVD except for the movie itself.

But others want to be able to do other things (for some reason, must be bored and not have anything else to take their time up with). So I think you should adress their concerns and questions, if you want them to buy an upgrade at some point when others are upgrading and it is all free.

Remember: if there is something out there that is free and is an equal, you will not be making money for long.:slight_smile:

The 1.1.2 features are significant. Being able to rip sound tracks from the movie without using IFOEDIT is a major convienience. Getting rid of the layer break is nice, too. However, the major feature the other programs have is variable compression ratios.

The only way to achieve this with DVD2ONE is to do 2 passes as described in previous threads. It’s a serious waste of time.

I’m finding myself having to do this more time than not to get acceptable quality on many dual layer DVD conversions just to keep some of the “larger” extras.

may be s/he was ticked off by that person asking for refund, but closing the thread is too much. With new version of dvdshrink is out, lot of dvd2one users r waiting for dvd2one to say something about their future release: when and what etc…

they have to comeup w/ more better features if they r planning to charge the current users.

Originally posted by 2kool
they have to comeup w/ more better features if they r planning to charge the current users.

I am sure they are well aware of that :wink:

To throw my 2 cents in, to this point I see DVD2One 112 being the overall champ. The quality is very good without having to really do anything short of selecting/deselecting audio streams.

This prog started out as movie only and at the requests of many users gravitated to full disk. It accomplishes this with very minimal effort, is very fast and yields great quality.

I think this recent glut of DVD software has spoiled us. A short while ago, the only feasible method was the very, very long way using CCE etc. Then more recently DVDX Copy emerged and for a short while was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Now, we’ve got 4 new progs that are all pretty damn good.

IMO, I think DVD2One has progressed very well and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. DVD95 is also very good and has also progressed very well but is still substantially slower than DVD2One and the quality of the 2 is comparable. IC 7 isn’t a bad product but for me, it’s just way too slow. If it was the only product of it’s kind, I’d use it…but it’s not.

DVDShrink is a the newest entry and to me, it’s best features are it’s speed(second to DVD2One), it’s terrific interface and it’s price…it’s free! But it’s transcoding engine needs maturing and I’m sure the author will address it.

Until that time I think DVD2One is the leader, with DVD95 in close pursuit.

Mike :wink:

Originally posted by likemike
[B]To throw my 2 cents in, to this point I see DVD2One 112 being the overall champ. The quality is very good without having to really do anything short of selecting/deselecting audio streams.

This prog started out as movie only and at the requests of many users gravitated to full disk. It accomplishes this with very minimal effort, is very fast and yields great quality.

I think this recent glut of DVD software has spoiled us. A short while ago, the only feasible method was the very, very long way using CCE etc. Then more recently DVDX Copy emerged and for a short while was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Now, we’ve got 4 new progs that are all pretty damn good.

IMO, I think DVD2One has progressed very well and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. DVD95 is also very good and has also progressed very well but is still substantially slower than DVD2One and the quality of the 2 is comparable. IC 7 isn’t a bad product but for me, it’s just way too slow. If it was the only product of it’s kind, I’d use it…but it’s not.

DVDShrink is a the newest entry and to me, it’s best features are it’s speed(second to DVD2One), it’s terrific interface and it’s price…it’s free! But it’s transcoding engine needs maturing and I’m sure the author will address it.

Until that time I think DVD2One is the leader, with DVD95 in close pursuit.

Mike :wink: [/B]

Couldn’t have put it better myself :wink:

Well the reason i closed that thread is indeed quite obvious, i don’t want stupid remarks about money back in here.

And about the new features of DVD2one, well we have some things left in the sleeve, but as usual we simply can not predict when things are going to be ready.

Why you ask, well it’s actually quite simple. We only want to release a new version if the new/update feature is working like we want it to. Giving you people a roadmap with dates, and then later having to retract that release or pospone it because the feature isn’t working like expected is going to be rather frustrated and disapointing.

Yes i admit we are slower then our compititors, that’s a given fact. But i dare to say that our releases are a bit more stable then the compitition and therefor we don’t need to release a new version on a weekly base. We release things when we think it’s release worthy.

But truth to be told, reading nagging and complaints about we suck and screw our customers arent really encouraging us in developing new features. We like everyother human being like a pad on the shoulder to every now and then.
This doesn’t mean, you can’t complain about things, but please do it a bit more toughtfull.

Thank you :wink:

Rene

Sorry, but this needs to be said…

When Dvd2One first arrived, all everyone was doing was singing it’s praises…
How this was a fantastic piece of software that was saving everybody hours in encoding time…

Now, it seems that because some app has turned up as freeware, you turn on the author of dvd2one like Rats deserting a ship…

For all those Now complaining…

Shame on the lot of you!!!

Keep up the good work Rene…Most of us still appreciate what you have done, and will continue to do in the future…

Asking for a refund is a bit much anyway i addressed something (The War between the IC7, Dvd2one and Dvd95copy and now DVDShrink) and my thread was completely erased after all we live in a democratic society and free speech is a born right however the moderators shouldn’t erase, close or ban threads and or members for expressing their opinion positive or negative as they are as our opinions will surely help clean things out with DVD20ne in the future, and yes i bought DVD2one and Copy2DVD and respect to the others mentioned it is alot of cash, BUT if it was the ULTIMATE AND ONLY program that i needed to backup my Original Dvd in a complete and user friendlier manner the money was well spent at this time there’re other programs that do and don’t do things better then DVD2one and furthermore at this point of time DVD2one isn’t a COMPLETE PROGRAM cause firstly you need the main program(Dvd20ne) third of all you need Copy2DVD if you want to make the Dvd in an unattended manner and secondly you need Ifoedit to fine tune it all. Now Dvdshrink has come out and it’s good and free as it’s spreading all over the web i personally haven’t used it yet but the response from the public is positive and i will try it over the weekend.

My fourpenneth : -

Nobody is trying to prevent free speech m8, but this is a forum that is supposed to be devoted to Dvd20ne. As such it isn’t really the correct place to sing the praises of its competitors and to highlight deficiences in Dvd2one. Try telling your partner that you have now found a newer & better looking model and see what she/he says :smiley:

I’m damned sure if I was the author of this software, I would be well pi**ed off with folk who whinge & whine, as soon as another prouct comes out.

At the end of the day … you paid your money and you got what it said on the tin. That’s it !! … END OF STORY.

Absolutely, Rene responds to the customer and lets them know where things are progressing. The Software is very stable and does a great job, and they listen to feedback about adding features, becasue they can’t add them fast enuff for all the whiners out there should not be a cry for a refund. When a piece of software warrant it I support it. I bought IC, I bought DVD2one. Both of these programs have their uses, and both deserve support. DVD2One even more so because it’s made by the “Little Guy” Thanks Erwin and the DVD2One Team.

I’ve read some of the other quotes from the likes of Rene, Phil Thomas and Scarpad, to name a few. To me, they make perfect sense. How long has DVD2One been around now? Maybe a few months???

In a short time, at the request of the users, this prog has gone through what I consider a major transformation. It was meant to be a “movie” only transcoder. It did a phenomenal job at what it was advertised to do and did it amazingly fast. I don’t know about the rest of you but I really appreciated this prog big time.

But as human nature goes, I thought I’d really like to keep the whole DVD intact. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to do a whole DVD9 and put it on 1 disk? Well, in a very short time, DVD2One gave me that capability. Granted, there are others out there that do this and that’s great. We can spend our money on the product/products we like.

But the point is that DVD2One HAS responded to user needs and in a short time. Just because i’ve purchased this prog, I don’t think I’m entitled to know their “roadmap”. I think people think that because a dev is small, that dev should be so informal as to share all the workings with the users. That usually spells disappointment and future issues for the dev. Any “promises” not kept become lingering probs for said dev.

Years ago, I worked for a small dev who ONLY shared future features/enhancements with 1 or 2 very close customers. These customers were basically beta testers that were privy to some cool new features that may OR may not have made the final cut.

Also, someone has made comment about DVD2One not having built-in ripping as DVDShrink. I believe most peeps are very comfortable using the ripper of their choice. For example, I’m very confident when I do a rip with Decrypter, for me it always works. I don’t need a ripper built in. Besides, to my knowledge, “Shrink” does not deal with Macrovision, so I’d be insecure using it at this time.

DVD2One is wise not to announce new rev features until it proves feasible. I think we should all be thankful that we have such a great product at such a reasonable price. Also be happy that DVD2One doesn’t just release a new rev without feeling very secure that it will work properly. Think about it…or not. LOL

Sorry for the long-winded post :bigsmile:

Mike :wink:

I just want to say to Rene, and Erwin, I love your program and proud to be a customer of yours…

Your product is VERY awesome… It does all I need it too… And when you do release new upgrades, it’s like iceing on a cake…
It’s exciting to get a new version then see what’s inside… much more exciting than knowing already what is to be expected…

So keep up your awesome work, and as for me, I always will support you guys… You guys are totally genius’s…:bow: :bow: :bow:

A very happy customer…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

-Chris

I started this thread, not as a reason to bash the DVD2One team on the releases, but on the closing of the previous thread. I love the program.:bow: :bow: :bow:

I just think people should be able to express their opinions. If Rene doesn’t like what someone says, simply do not respond. That is the best way to let someone know you do not agree with what they are saying.

Even if there are no more revisions, I am happy with the product I bought for two simple reason. It does exactly what is said it would do and it does all I need it to do.

No one is bashing anything and or one but yes it’s true when you get positive input it makes one feel good but when you get negative input it makes the same feel bad, i personally feel that the DVD2one which has points in it’s favor can even be better by taking note on the positive sides of the other similar programs, so when one person says IC7(example) does that better there’s no need to erase him off the face of the earth i think it should be looked into an proven true or false and if true try to integrate it in a future DVD2one release, geeze! What does Ati have to go through to get decent drivers for their video cards from all the bull they get from their clients? It’s a fact of life if we can take the best out of 3 or 4 programs and put it ALL IN ONE respecting the programmers codes and all… HECK we’ve got it made! The Ultimate “”“DVD20ne”"" Which i love!!!

well like explained before, we do not mind the critics not at all!

It’s just the way they are expressed that can tick us off, like it would tick/piss off every one who loves his own product and then it get’s slashed with a very negative vibe.

You can bash a product and be very negative about it in a very negative way. Or you can give building critics . There’s a big difference in that aproache.

Originally posted by ReneB
[B]well like explained before, we do not mind the critics not at all!

It’s just the way they are expressed that can tick us off, like it would tick/piss off every one who loves his own product and then it get’s slashed with a very negative vibe.

You can bash a product and be very negative about it in a very negative way. Or you can give building critics . There’s a big difference in that aproache. [/B]

Rene i agree so lets get all the bolts tightened out and make DVD2one the best!

I did start the original thread in no way for it to be a bitching at DVD2One thread. I just had worries and questions as a consumer.

For those that jumped up and stated you want your money back. I feel sorry for you, i realy do. You have plenty of oppurtunity (Sp?) to read and study up on dvd2one and the other programs that were available (sp?) at the time of your purchase to see if dvd2one is where you wanted to put your $$.

I myeslf as a consumer am looking into what future product i am going to put my $$ into. Like i said, V1.x of dvd2one could last 2days,months whatever. But the fact is that it is not going to last forever. And we still don’t realy have a clear view of what is going to happen with dvd2one in the future. We see the “We plan to’s”, but there is no definate path of dvd2one that a consumer can view.

ReneB,
I appologize for opening up a discussion thinking that people would just express there concerns as consumers and instead have lashings of wanting there money back. Do you two plan on lowering the Privacy curtains anytime soon? Because the fact is, Even if IC, DVD95Copy, DVD Shrink were to all of a sudden Blow past DVD2One and give better options and have a a 50% better movie quality; If you give us a clear view of what lies ahead of us and what is currently happening with the development you would keep almost all of us as paying customers. As long as we can see that Dev is actualy underway, thats what we want. Even if the dev of DVD2One is not going by any guidelines and these upgrades and fix’s are happening by stumbling uppon them while fixxing/adding other routines let us know that (Like it or not people, in software dev that is how most upgrades and fix’s happen). Atleast then we would have an idea what is actualy happening to the product that we are investing into.

Thank you for your time and effort to progress this product. Just keep in mind that alot of these people that PAID for your product did just that. PAID. They could have gone a different route and just downloaded a pirated copy but they beleived in your product, and for this alone i think consideration for atleast a little knowledge about the direction of dev should be given.

RENE SAID: you people a roadmap with dates, and then later having to retract that release or pospone it because the feature isn’t working like expected is going to be rather frustrated and disapointing.

Okay… how about just a road map with no dates ?

Something like:
We are hoping to impletement some of the following features, but make no promises of their order and/or release at all…

-this
-that
-etc

that would please a lot of people !

A Fictitious but possible scenario.

E was awoken abruptly by the incessant ringing of his telephone. He turned over, muttering “Go to Hell, I’m tired” knowing his answering machine would take the call.

Three hours later E was sitting in front of his monitor reading the posts in the forum. “Bloody hell” he retorts. “What must I do to pacify all these wingers and whiners”.

A look of despair crept over his face as he read the references to a Road Map. “Yeah right” says he, “Open up the floodgates for even more [I Want] bells and whistles”. At that moment he remembered the telephone call of three hours earlier.

He pressed the Play button, and was greeted by: “Good morningMr VDB. This is Mr Big of Video Compression Engines Incorporated, and we would like to make you an offer of X million Dollars for your business”.

E, being astute, thinks of all the negativism he has received over the past few months and promptly decides to sell.

Several months later a new all singing, all dancing, full of bells and whistles and GUI’s version appears on the market, AT A PRICE! No dedicated forum. Comments, suggestions and pleas for help via email only, which invariably are seldom answered.

The wingers and whiners now have everything they want. But, it’s bulky and so much slower - Who do they turn to now?