The Last Airbender

vbimport

I tried to rip The Last Airbender with DVDFab 8.0.5.0 and this happen(See Below).

I’m having trouble with this title. It rips in with pathfinder, but still isnt ripped in right. When i open it in DVD Shrink, the movie is located in the un-referenced material section. Since un-referenced material doesn’t show in Re-author, I cant extract it with re-Author. I did a main movie only with fab and the movie was still lodged in un-referenced material section. :sad:

I tried a older dvdfab and it couldn’t read it at all.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559439]I tried to rip The Last Airbender with DVDFab 8.0.5.0 and this happen(See Below).

I’m having trouble with this title. It rips in with pathfinder, but still isnt ripped in right. When i open it in DVD Shrink, the movie is located in the un-referenced material section. Since un-referenced material doesn’t show in Re-author, I cant extract it with re-Author. I did a main movie only with fab and the movie was still lodged in un-referenced material section. :sad:

I tried a older dvdfab and it couldn’t read it at all.[/QUOTE]

Since this movie title is new and DVD Shrink is way out dated guess thats the reason DVD Shrink doesn’t work, as for DVDFab have you read the other thread called “The Last Airbender” :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2559445]Since this movie title is new and DVD Shrink is way out dated guess thats the reason DVD Shrink doesn’t work, as for DVDFab have you read the other thread called “The Last Airbender” :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i saw that other thread after i posted mine. I tried the use version 5.3.2.0 tip, and it still did the un-referenced material thing. If i burn that, will it play?

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559446]Yeah, i saw that other thread after i posted mine. I tried the use version 5.3.2.0 tip, and it still did the un-referenced material thing. If i burn that, will it play?[/QUOTE]

hmmm…does the it play from the hard drive ? if it does then I would say yes.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2559449]hmmm…does the it play from the hard drive ? if it does then I would say yes.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does play from the HDD on shrink and dvdfab. Looks like any other movie in shrink, just says Un-reference material instead of main movie as the folder title in shrink.

I found a solution. I took the main movie rip and re-processed it thru DVDFab again, and it removed the Un-Referenced material thing. I can now edit it with shrink.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559452]I found a solution. I took the main movie rip and re-processed it thru DVDFab again, and it removed the Un-Referenced material thing. I can now edit it with shrink.[/QUOTE]

OK good, since you have a paid version why run it through DVD Shrink :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2559454]OK good, since you have a paid version why run it through DVD Shrink :confused:[/QUOTE]
Just to get the size down a bit, Like to keep em at 4188G.B. or less. If it doesn’t effect the quality. I guess DVDFab removed more copy protection, which got rid of the Un-Referenced material thing.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559457]Just to get the size down a bit, Like to keep em at 4188G.B. or less. If it doesn’t effect the quality. I guess DVDFab removed more copy protection, which got rid of the Un-Referenced material thing.[/QUOTE]

If you wish to reduce the file size down you can do so in common settings-> “Wite” under Writeable media (DVD-5) size, however the more compresion that you use will reduce the picture quality I find a custom size of 4472 is a very good setting.

Perhaps you should read the common settings thread :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2559463]If you wish to reduce the file size down you can do so in common settings-> “Wite” under Writeable media (DVD-5) size, however the more compresion that you use will reduce the picture quality I find a custom size of 4472 is a very good setting.

Perhaps you should read the common settings thread ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew i could do that. I just like the algorithms DVD Shrink uses when it compresses. Quality seems a little better. Plus i gotta give poor DVD Shrink something to do. :bigsmile:

Isn’t 4472 burning a little close to the edge? I use to use Shrinks default of 4464, but dont want to burn that close to the edge anymore. So i don’t exceed 4399.

When you do some movies the size is already way below 4472, so shrinking it another 5-10% wont cause any noticeable quality drops. Once you compress like 20% or more, then you’ll notice it. If a movie need to be compressed alot already just to fit on a DVD, I’ll go up as much as 4399.

Hope i didn’t bore you. :confused:

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559472] Yeah, I knew i could do that. I just like the algorithms DVD Shrink uses when it compresses. Quality seems a little better. Plus i gotta give poor DVD Shrink something to do. :bigsmile:

Isn’t 4472 burning a little close to the edge? I use to use Shrinks default of 4464, but dont want to burn that close to the edge anymore. So i don’t exceed 4399.

Hope i didn’t bore you. :confused: [/QUOTE]
If thats the case with DVD Shrink then why the heck purchase DVDFab when you can just use the free version and use DVD Shrink then burn with ImgBurn through DVD Shrink.

Yes 4472 is a little close to the edge but I find it to work for me but then I use only top quality media so the dye near the edge is not an issue for me, altough I do some backups using other brands(low to poor) for my girlfriend which still seems to be a safe setting.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559472] [B]When you do some movies the size is already way below 4472, so shrinking it another 5-10% [/B]wont cause any noticeable quality drops. Once you compress like 20% or more, then you’ll notice it. If a movie need to be compressed alot already just to fit on a DVD, I’ll go up as much as 4399.[/QUOTE]

When you run across a movie that is already under the output size you have set it will not do any compression at all

If thats the case with DVD Shrink then why the heck purchase DVDFab when you can just use the free version and use DVD Shrink then burn with ImgBurn through DVD Shrink.

Your right i’ll just have to start using DVDFab to reduce. Old habits i guess?

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559480]Your right i’ll just have to start using DVDFab to reduce. Old habits i guess?[/QUOTE]

I still use DVD Shrink too mainly for my special projects :wink: