The Last Airbender problem backup with dvdfab

vbimport

Has anyone been able to make a copy of The Last Airbender.Having problems with my copy even tried it on the new version 8040

[QUOTE=Ojib;2556429]Has anyone been able to make a copy of The Last Airbender.Having problems with my copy even tried it on the new version 8040[/QUOTE]

Is the program having trouble during the analyzing, copying to HDD or burning stage ?

Since this movie title was just released in july it may have new protection so you may want to send Fengtao the .ifo files so he can check it out, start DVDFab and place the DVD into your drive and then open common settings on the info page you will see a button in the upper right coner to send the ifo files…see figure below

No problem with my DVD version but then I purchased the Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy combo pack and the DVD has different protection on it than just the DVD only version

[QUOTE=AGJ;2556481]No problem with my DVD version [B]but then I purchased the Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy combo pack and the DVD has different protection on it than just the DVD only version[/B][/QUOTE]

Are you saying this title can’t be done with just the paid version of DVD copy by itself :confused:

[B]SJ[/B]

Sent Fengtao the ifo files hopefully he’ll make sense of it

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2556486]Are you saying this title can’t be done with just the paid version of DVD copy by itself :confused:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]
DVDFab needs an update for this title as does the competitor but DVDFab and the competitor worked on my DVD copy and here link to what DVD I have http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/last-airbender-2010-blu-ray-dvd/m2184572.aspx?path=e132506364ea021db7efbd0929008e0aen02 as I bought the Blu-ray and it as well had the DVD version with less copy protection on it

[QUOTE=AGJ;2556508]DVDFab needs an update for this title as does the competitor but DVDFab and the competitor worked on my DVD copy and here link to what DVD I have http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/last-airbender-2010-blu-ray-dvd/m2184572.aspx?path=e132506364ea021db7efbd0929008e0aen02 as I bought the Blu-ray and it as well had the DVD version with less copy protection on it[/QUOTE]

:confused: You say DVDFab needs an update to do this title but yet you say you made a copy using DVDFab :confused: is there something here I am missing or what ? is this another one of those movie titles that have different protections depending on where you buy the disc/disc set :eek:

[QUOTE=Ojib;2556505]Sent Fengtao the ifo files hopefully he’ll make sense of it[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2556512]:confused: You say DVDFab needs an update to do this title but yet you say you made a copy using DVDFab :confused: is there something here I am missing or what ? is this another one of those movie titles that have different protections depending on where you buy the disc/disc set :eek:[/QUOTE]

It’s not where you buy the disc but which version you buy.

As AGJ says the DVD in the Blu-ray combo pack has less severe protection.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks AGJ for that info, and thank you Wombler for helping to clear it up.

I find that interesting on how they are doing that.

Title 11 if anyone is interested.

Ver 8.0.4.0 not working here either

Ver 5.3.2.0 Pathplayer OFF
Main Movie Only
Title 11

It works

[QUOTE=Wombler;2556566]It’s not where you buy the disc but which version you buy.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Why in heaven’s name would a manufacturer go to all the trouble and expense of producing the same dvd title with different protection schemes dependent upon which version you buy? Why wouldn’t they just put the most “severe” protection on all versions of that title? :confused:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2556748]Why in heaven’s name would a manufacturer go to all the trouble and expense of producing the same dvd title with different protection schemes dependent upon which version you buy? Why wouldn’t they just put the most “severe” protection on all versions of that title? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I agree it doesn’t make any sense to me if it’s true. The only thing I can think of is they used different manufactuers for the DVDs, even so they so-called protection (which is nothing more then bad sectors clevery placed) should be the same, should be the same pressing.

All pressed discs have a batch and ID num, look on the bot of each and see if they are from the same batch.

Several reasons.

For starters the different versions could be produced for the movie company by different companies in different factories.

There’s also the issue of licensing costs in relation to the protection systems.

The company that markets the protection usually gets a kickback from each disc produced.

They may well consider the likelihood of someone that has the Blu-ray pirating the DVD as less of a risk and are trying to save money on licensing fees.

I’ve seen this in the past on quite a few other releases so it’s not as rare an occurrence as people might imagine.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi not sure what I did wrong but can not get my standard dvd of last Airbender and I used title 11 and used 4.0.8.7 paid for never expire about a month ago and this is my first can not do but did do other dvds and they were no problem until now.Am I doing it wrong or do I wait for update.

Main Movie Only
Standard DVD
Store Bought
Paid Version of DVDFab
Thanks
Mike

altitude It will not work with the newer versions of DVDFab

You will need version 5.3.2.0
Pathplayer off
Main movie only
Title 11 for US Region 1

Or wait till they get a update, should be anytime now.

Thanks i’ll wait for the update version on DVDFab.I just won’t watch it.I have put it away and want to watch my backup copy.

Thanks Again
Altitude

tried using the beta version of DVD fab v.8.0.4.7 with the movie the last air bender the s/w recognized the DVD but only scanned it for about thirty seconds and showed that it was complete with the dvd rip… need help:doh:

I cant back it up at all, it spits the DVD out and then goes on to finalize the Empty DVD that was in the other drive to written to.:frowning: I can wait and I’ll just watch the DVD I bought.