The IRAA Has no way to ever Get me

Hi, I own a Sony minidisc player and Really don’t enjoy Lawsuits. The good part about a sony minidisc player is that you can record in LP4 format this gives you some were between 4hours of music on one disc. I also Have a Abit max3 motherboard with optical out and the minidisc also has optical in-put recording. So before I go to bed at night I just turn on a Internet Radio satation and record fourhours of it. I then review the music the next Day and if I like a song all I have to do is hook up my double male end Head phone Jack, then hook that to my computers line-in turn on Roxio Audio Central select record from an analog device and I get a really good sounding MP3. The audio is good if you choose a Radio Station that is 300bit-100bit a sec and porting it through your line-in there is no signal loss that I can tell it all sounds digital to me. It works Great and the Best Part is The RIAA Has No way to monitor or stop me from sampling in this way. I also like it because Bands like L.O.C that are European and its impossible to ever buy or listen to here in the States and belive me I’ve tried to download them on Kazaa and Napster or any Peer to peer Network believe me you get 00.01 Kps and then it will eventually start over. L.O.C is a German Rap group just incase your wondering. Windows Media Player Has all the internet Radio stations you’ll ever need and if you want more just get itunes. Shout Out to Copenhagen Denmark, BoogieSKum is the pimp of online Radiostations:o

hmmm

:rolleyes:

correction you can fit 5.2 hours onto a standard 80 min disk. (i have one).

That is just a variation of using 120min tapes to record off the radio. and No the RIAA cant get you) its RIAA not IRAA btw.
But not all mp3 players can do that. and once you go from the analog ourput of the md player you loose a fair amount of sound quality. and also USE NERO NOT ROXIO!! its superior in every way. trust me i have used both.

Thank you for pointing out the Exact amount of time 320mins would have also worked. And yes it is sorta like a tape recording from Radio Variant exept the Quality is better. As for Nero VS Roxio, Nero Recode with Nero Digital is awsome Mpeg4!!!, I also have them bolth and find the analog capturing is basically the same so it is really preference. Thank you for your replie:)

However i am concerned about the quality loss by the
wma > LP4 > mp3 conversion, isn’t there a better way?

If your still gonna keep your computer on all night, why not use a software that records the music from the radiostation? You can record more than 320 min… :wink:

mace1337: However i am concerned about the quality loss by the

LP2 is higher quality than LP4 but you get to store a mere 160 min on that disk then (~40 songs). LP2 is when used with a good source almost identical to CD quality (even better than mp3 @ 256 kpbs).

Originally posted by oab
[B]mace1337: However i am concerned about the quality loss by the

LP2 is higher quality than LP4 but you get to store a mere 160 min on that disk then (~40 songs). LP2 is when used with a good source almost identical to CD quality (even better than mp3 @ 256 kpbs). [/B]

maybe, but the conversion from one to another format is one thing, but the conversion from CD > WMA > ATRAC3 > MP3,
that’s three conversions mind you, would be bad.
I like ATRAC3, I use LP2 myself with my minidisc, it’s just that when you convert from one lossy codec to another, you always add the deficiencies from each codec, never the strong points as you already took em out with the previous codec you encoded your audio with.

It’s also possible to use an audio stream ripper like Total Recorder to record the actual digital audio being fed into the sound card so you get the exact same quality that is being transmitted. It makes a WAV file which you can convert to whatever resolution or format you want.

Also, with pro-quality audio cards you can get DA conversion with no audible loss.

BTW, Streambox VCR can also rip streams of various formats off the net.

Tek.

Originally posted by Zeroi786
Windows Media Player Has all the internet Radio stations you’ll ever need and if you want more just get itunes.

Hm? Yes itunes … i heard it costs $20,000 to fill a 40Gb itunes drive. And sony minidicks suck:Z

Well.

How about saving $ 19,600 and fill up your 40 Gig iPod at allofmp3.com for just 400 bucks?

Don’t think the RIAA can get you this way either.

sorry, doublepost, can’t delete

pff, well what about just sticking to soulseek, and downloading 13,000 mp3’s for free (my collection) :o

Or just go to the newsgroups and download forever! :bigsmile:

Originally posted by TekWiz
Or just go to the newsgroups and download forever! :bigsmile:

yeah, my ISP filters all of teh warez and mp3z (notice the z :p)
out of their servers :frowning:

Then pay for news. You can then access news via nntp or www.

If you have to pay than you might as well pay to Allofmp3.

That’s way easier than Usenet :smiley:

Originally posted by museha
[B]If you have to pay than you might as well pay to Allofmp3.

That’s way easier than Usenet :smiley: [/B]

Once you’ve tried Easynews (http://easynews.com) for usenet, you’d see it doesn’t get much easier than that. At $10/mo for 6 GB or 30 days you can download roughly 1500 MP3’s.

Easynews has a web interface and does all the work for you–you just select what you want, zip it up through their zip system and download it…

Tek.

The problem with Usenet is that you cannot get all your mp3’s in the same quality.

With Allofmp3 I can all music Lame encoded with the alt preset standard switch. Nothings beats that IMHO.

Finding the album you want is much easier. Sorry, but I’ll stick to Allofmp3
:wink:

Hi, I am a freelance analyst writing a report on DRM. The points you make are valid and basically show that all DRMs can be by passed once you get to the analogue output.

I would like to quote your posting in my report, is this OK with you?