The Hobbit

vbimport

Only one more year.

The Hobbit Official Trailer #1 - Lord of the Rings Movie (2012) HD

:cool::cool:

Thanks for the link, can’t wait to see the movie :smiley:

Yeah this is one that I’m really looking forward to.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was fantastic so I’ve high expectations for this one.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2616276]Thanks for the link, can’t wait to see the movie :D[/QUOTE]

me too As I have read the Book twice :flower:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

I don’t know what it is, the Lord of the Rings trilogy just never did it for me. I like some fantasy series but I find myself being very selective about what I end up watching/reading. So I don’t really have any desire to see this film.

Meh, i already know what happens.

I just now found the unofficial behind the scenes ‘making of’ the hobbit!!!

I have the books of the trilogy plus the Hobbit & Silmarillion .
I have a old commercial VHS animated version of The Hobbit .
So I hope the new movie will be good.

[QUOTE=cholla;2616319]I have the books of the trilogy plus the Hobbit & Silmarillion .
[/QUOTE]

Same here . . . but I need to read the Hobbit and Silmarillion again.

I read the books 35 years ago…couldn´t put them down.
Brilliant

The LTR trilogy was extremely well done given the complexity of marrying such detailed stories to the visual aspect yet keeping the suspense “real” through to the end, not to mention the technical demands…!
…a hard act to follow.

So, looking forward to the Hobbit

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :eek:

This is the old animated version of the Hobbit I have.

I’m sure the new one will be technically superior .
I enjoy watching it & will watch is again.
It is what led me to get & read the Tolkein books.

I always liked Ursula Le Guin’s description of reading the trilogy.

[I]…I read the three volumes in three days. Three weeks later I was still, at times, inhabiting Middle Earth: walking, like the Elves, in dreams waking, seeing both worlds at once, the perishing and the imperishable.[/I]

The Hobbit is a lesser work, but enjoyable on its own. The movie should be fun, though Peter Jackson made some egregious changes to the trilogy that ruined it in places for me. Too much of a purist I guess.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2616480]I always liked Ursula Le Guin’s description of reading the trilogy.

[I]…I read the three volumes in three days. Three weeks later I was still, at times, inhabiting Middle Earth: walking, like the Elves, in dreams waking, seeing both worlds at once, the perishing and the imperishable.[/I]

The Hobbit is a lesser work, but enjoyable on its own. The movie should be fun, though Peter Jackson made some egregious changes to the trilogy that ruined it in places for me. Too much of a purist I guess.[/QUOTE]

Don’t think I could have read all that in three days, in fact I know I couldn’t.

I did read the trilogy about half a dozen times though when I was young.

Still enjoyed the movies though despite any artistic licence with certain elements.

Plus my memories of the books are such a long time ago now I probably didn’t notice as many flaws anyway. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]