The Hoax Region 1

The Hoax Region 1 with Richard Gere cannot be backed up using the latest 6.1.8.4 AnyDVD. I also tried just the main title, still no luck.

I still have not got a hold of this title, as soon as I do I will try to replicate the problems. What exact problem are you having?

You need to go to http://forum.slysoft.com and answer questions 8, 9, and 10 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321.

If this is a disc that AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 cannot backup, Slysoft will be unable to fix the problem unless you do this.

We can answer questions right here, if this is a problematic disc, the OP posted in the right place. No need for any other forum. If the disc is problematic I am sure many others will also post the information required. This is the AnyDVD sub-forum at CDF, so I think we can handle a question or two right here.:wink:

I will post the AnyDVD Summary below. I have done all the things on the thead. I have tried cloneDVD 2.9.1.2 as well as Rip-it-for-me along with DVD Decrypter also. Have using DVD Decrypter for 1hr 28min so far trying to backup the main movie only & I am @ 99% with constant unrecovered read errors that I have set to ignore. If it ever finishes I will try to use the files to backup with CloneDVD.

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.07 06101900BT-LIGGY
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2015520 sectors (3936 MBytes)
Total size: 4031032 sectors (7873 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THEHOAX_US
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
ERROR: AI Scanner has failed, error -1!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 3 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Thankyou. Like I said, as soon as AnyDVD is updated to work with this disc, it will be posted right here.:iagree:

So far, no one has answered questions 9 and 10 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321.

James needs the AnyDVD logs for this title to insure it gets fixed. He also needs to know what the specific error is when trying to back up the disc, or the specific problem on playback.

That’s why I told sabine to go to the AnyDVD forum and submit this information.

And I said the information needed can be obtained right here. I am getting feedback that there is no problem with this disc. It may just be a bad source disc.

Run the disc through Nero CD/DVD Speed and check it for errors. If it finds any, there’s a problem with the disc.

I used AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 and used ripper funtion to rip files to hard drive then Dvd Shrink to burn to DVD 5.
Here is the inforation I get for this DVD
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S FS0K 2004/06/29 15:47
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2015520 sectors (3936 MBytes)
Total size: 4031032 sectors (7873 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THEHOAX_US
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 5 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Excellent. Either there’s a bunch of bad discs or something else is going on.

My bet is a bad source disc, I have just been in touch with other that have backup this disc properly. :iagree:

I have to agree. This is why when people have problems with a new disc they should get in the habit of scanning them for errors.

The first disc I bought I could not back it up, first I tried the entire dvd to back up but it would scan to 27% on CloneDVD and stop responding, it would go to 50% on the main movie and again stop responding, tried on Nero Recode but it would not respond at all. I went back and returned the movie. The second DVD did fine ( I only backed up the main movie). I always back up my movies before I play them on stand alone DVD players (in virgin state so to speak). As before I use to get lazy and back them up after I watch them a few times, However the first time it happen to me was the movie Moulin Rouge (the special edition) that for some reason even though plays fine on my stand alone DVD’players, It could not be backed up (keep getting Redondency Check Errors). I am stuck with it because is too late to return it, as I bought it a couple years ago.

These things happen because they are stamped. If you are unlucky you can get one from the end of the stamper and it wont play right.:iagree:

I did’nt use AnyDVD, But i cloned it with DVDFab Plat

This will not help people trying to backup their movie with AnyDVD and it does work just fine. Please post your success about DVD Fab in the appropriate forum . Thankyou.:cop:

I don’t quite understand what you are trying to say?

He’s saying that pressed, commercial discs sometimes get screwed up in manufacturing. It’s all too common, unfortunately. Entire batches of discs gets sold with problems.

You are correct. There still selling the movie the trees lounge. It was pressed with a error since 96 and there is still a error. depending how bad of a error some DVD players error correction correct it and some don’t. I posted my success with hoax in the correct fourm because i used another program then AnyDVD.