The guild 2 crashing every 5 minutes

Does anyone know of a way to stop the game from crashing every few minutes for no apparent reason? Is there a patch out that I need or have I missed something?

Post moved to newbie forum and changed thread title.

[QUOTE=Angelicus;2217912]Does anyone know of a way to stop the game from crashing every few minutes for no apparent reason? Is there a patch out that I need or have I missed something?[/QUOTE]

Game crashes is results of corrupted or bad installs? Also you need to be more clear as to the nature of the crash? Game crashing doesn’t give much details???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2219072]Game crashes is results of corrupted or bad installs? Also you need to be more clear as to the nature of the crash? Game crashing doesn’t give much details???[/QUOTE]

I installed the game and when first beginning to play it will be fine for about a quarter of an hour. After that it will begin freezing or locking up. Occasionally it will dump to desktop. I found a patch online which was supposed to fix something (according to the patch notes which i no longer clearly recall) but it seems to have made it worse.

You might have a hardware problem. I’m guessing your pc meets the minimum hardware requirements for the game? Does your rig have good ventilation (fans), maybe the graphics card or cpu are overheating? Have you been to the game’s website and checked the forums to see if others are having the same or similar problem?

[QUOTE=Angelicus;2219205]I installed the game and when first beginning to play it will be fine for about a quarter of an hour. After that it will begin freezing or locking up. Occasionally it will dump to desktop. I found a patch online which was supposed to fix something (according to the patch notes which i no longer clearly recall) but it seems to have made it worse.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it’s time to clean out the dust bunnies living inside your computer if you have a desktop unit and clean out those heat sinks as well.