The Grudge

vbimport

Hello
I can not be able to back up The Grudge with AnyDVD+CloneDVD2. But the other way around I can back up with DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink.
Any idea anyone?

Send IFOs.

I used AnyDVD, DVDShrinker, and CopyToDVD.

Hi Olli
I’m not at my computer at this moment. All I know is I couldn’t go that far on DVDClone. It said something about string ( sorry don’t remember it exactly). I’ll post back when I get home
Thanks

I didn’t think that movie came out untill Feb 1st???

Any how I got it last nite. Post back when you get this movie.

You are correct. It seems some people have certain ways of getting their hands on things a tad early. :wink:

@ Olli

I’m not sure if you have recieve the IFO files as of yet, but if you havn’t check your E-mail addy, I will send them there

Please send a directory listing of this disc.

Hey Ollie I posted the list in the CloneDVD forum…

link to pic of listing

I have had the same problem with this movie. This is the info AnyDVD gave me:

Summary for drive E:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

If you will tell me how to send IFO’s I will send them if you don’t already have them.

According to Hamp, this CloneDVD version does it:
http://update.elby.ch/SetupCloneDVD2721.exe

WOO HOO it works.

thanks to olli the new version works great, watching my backup now …

Ollie,

Another twist to the new copy protection by ??? Sounds like we may have to “custom tweak” for each new release, correct?

Sounds like DVD’s are going the way of the old computer protections back when they purposely put Errors on the disc to stop you from making a Archival Backup. Guess CloneDVD could be designed so that just patches would need downloaded for specific movies but I hope it dont come to that.

No, this is no “copy protection” tweak. One file on the disc has a file size, which is not a multiple of 2048 bytes. CloneDVD didn’t like that, which has been corrected.

I see. So is this a mastering error on the part of the manufacturer?

Once again the Manufacturers need to realize that in the end result, the DVD must be able to play in the DVD Player.

so was it only a problem with Clonedvd? Did anyone try it with Nero and anydvd, or dvd decrypter?