The great Taiyo Yuden search

I was on a cd-r trek today… and could NOT find ANY cd-r’s that were made in japan. Hit all the usual places… Office Max… Office Depot…Best Buy… Circuit City… etc… All the usual brands were made in Taiwan… made in China…one group was made in the U.S.A! but no Japan. Except for Memorex cd-pro’s which were way to expensive.

Don’t they import any to the states anymore? Or do I just keep looking and hope that maybe new shipments will be Taiyo’s?

I know… worst comes to worst I’ll mail order the TY’s…

later…

k

after seeing my local best buy drained of TY-made fuji cdrs some months ago (to which i wept uncontrollably), i decided to check them out recently cuz of the rebate deal and saw that they were fully stocked with them. the moral of the story is: don’t give up looking for TYs. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Kafka45

Don’t they import any to the states anymore?
Or do I just keep looking and hope that maybe new shipments will be Taiyo’s?
Drop in

Originally posted by Kafka45
Except for Memorex cd-pro’s which were way to expensive.

How many pieces and for how much?

Originally posted by NOVA
How many pieces and for how much?

30 pack for about $15 or $17, can’t remember which price.

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Drop in

[/B]

The problem with these, that they dont have the hard coated top the fujis had. I just got 2x100 from neato.com. The spindle is great [the same as the 50 fuji used to be, just twice as tall :stuck_out_tongue: ]

neato had 20% off a few weeks ago, i cannot recommend them, 'couse their pacaging sucks. both of the sticks in the middle of the spindles broke off in shipping [i have to mention they sent me new spindles]

so, all in all, taiyo still exists, it’s just not the same anymore

ahhh

In Germany Amazon.de offers 50 Plextor CDrs 700MB 48X for 18 Euros (roughly 17 $). :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
These are labelled Taiyo Yuden Cds made in Japan. Maybe there is a similar offer in the States!?

Originally posted by mkteku

…the same as the 50 fuji used to be, just twice as tall…
I’ve got TY as Maxell, HP (16x & 24x), blanks (24x & 40x), Fuji, Verbatim and all they’re of the same thickness.

Originally posted by mkteku
[B]The problem with these, that they dont have the hard coated top the fujis had. I just got 2x100 from neato.com. The spindle is great [the same as the 50 fuji used to be, just twice as tall :stuck_out_tongue: ]

neato had 20% off a few weeks ago, i cannot recommend them, 'couse their pacaging sucks. both of the sticks in the middle of the spindles broke off in shipping [i have to mention they sent me new spindles]

so, all in all, taiyo still exists, it’s just not the same anymore

ahhh [/B]

Ok, so get the inkjet-printable type from rima.com for $0.38/per. Since Canon was nice enough to upgrade the i850 to the i860 and toss in a CD-R printing attachment, I see impending Nirvana.

I am new here, so I hope it is ok to
post this link .http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=407967&Sku=M197-1062&SRCCODE=NEXTAG

I found this the other day. I am just beginning to learn about cd’s, cdr’s, and dvd media, so bear with me. I am looking to buy a large quantity of printable cdr’s and possibly a printer.