The Great Lakes almost frozen Over

vbimport

It’s been years that the Great Lakes in the U.S.have froze completely over .Which is good in a way and bad in others see story below.

While we see nature at it’s biggest power and beauty atm,I feel for every living creature that at this same time suffers from it…

We are seeing but a glimpse of what awaits us once the next ice age truly begins. It is coming and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

so much for man made CO2 emissions causing Global warming!

Err… I mean “Climate change”

I’m going outside to burn some tires.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719452]so much for man made CO2 emissions causing Global warming!

Err… I mean “Climate change”

I’m going outside to burn some tires.[/QUOTE]

It’s a bit warmer in Amarillo the last couple of days.
I think I will find me some old refigeraters & release some Freon as well.
We’ll see if Allan & I can give the "global warming " a new jump start.

BTW for those that don’t recognize it these posts are satire

While the US suffers from the worst cold in the last 50 years,in Western Europe it’s quite the opposite…rain,wind and temps between 6 and 12 ° Celsius…no winter here,this year.
So,global warming effects can move to another area…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2719481]no winter here,this year.
So,global warming effects can move to another area…[/QUOTE]

The global warming theory would be a planet wide warming .

That one part of the Earth is warmer in a certain year & one part is colder is normal .
Just like in my area there has been drought for the last several years.
The rainfall has varied from the worst to better .I expect eventualy we will get normal or even wetter years.

Where man has had an effect is in the extinction of certain species.
Both by hunting & “poison”. Like DDT almost did with some bird species. Or the dodo & passenger pigeon hunted to extinction.

[QUOTE=cholla;2719491]Where man has had an effect is in the extinction of certain species[/QUOTE]

Do you really think that this is the only effect we caused???

One thing everyone agrees on is that in the Earth’s past it has been far hotter, far cooler, far wetter and far drier than it is today. During none of these times were humans around to affect climate. Somehow humans can now take a snapshot of time and determine we are changing climate on a global scale. The whole premise of man-made global warming, climate change etc. is without merit when looked at through a lens of geologic time frames. Nearly every prediction made by global warming alarmists have failed to materialize.

The only thing humans will accomplish with destructive behavior in the long term is the extinction of humans. If we all vanished from the planet tomorrow then Mother Nature will just see our time here as a hiccup. If the planet can survive the destruction of 90% of all life forms numerous times and bounce back with more diversity of life each time, then humans won’t put a dent in life flourishing on the planet no matter what we do.

Also, we can look to the recent past to see how nature survives the folly of man. Look at the jungles of Central America. Humans decimated large swaths of them just a few hundred years ago and now it is difficult to tell we were ever there. How long would it take the planet to erase nearly all traces of us if we were to suddenly disappear?

@ UTR:what about nuclear waste dumped in the sea or stored underground?
Tchernobyl,Fukushima…nuclear tests:

Do you REALLY think that the human footprint will be easilly erased???:confused:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2719493]Do you really think that this is the only effect we caused???[/QUOTE]
This is the one that can’t be fixed even with time.

Your point on nuclear waste ,nuclear accidents , & nuclear bomb tests is a good one. Time even though it is a very long time in some cases can repair this. Except what I posted about the extinction of certain species.
Those would include species that are headed for extinction due to mankinds actions. That could include mankind.

From what I’ve read the weather runs in a cycle.
like every 7 years or ever 10-20 years so who’s to say this isn’t normal weather
I know the water table is down last year maybe it’s just trying to get more moister
to bring the lakes back up to normal levels. maybe so the bottle water companies can drain more water from them.Who knows for sure?

[QUOTE=roadworker;2719505]@ UTR:what about nuclear waste dumped in the sea or stored underground?

Do you REALLY think that the human footprint will be easilly erased???:confused:[/QUOTE]

In a time frame that we can comprehend these disasters seem horrific and are long lasting. When considering Earth’s history they are insignificant. The half life of radioactive material is short when compared to geologic time frames. Sixty-five million years ago a six mile wide asteroid hit the planet at a speed of 10-12 miles per second. It is estimated that this impact was the equivalent of 300 million Hiroshima A-bombs. Not only did life survive this but it flourished to the point that you and I can have this conversation. This is not the worst mass extinction event the Earth has seen. Over 99% of all species that have lived have gone extinct so the odds aren’t good for those that are around today.

Ultimately, every living thing on the planet will be gone one day. The Sun will expand and engulf the Earth and then likely reduce to a white dwarf. We have about five billion years before this occurs so just maybe that will give us enough time to invent a ride to take some of us to another world. :smiley:

I’m still waiting for a few more years of this "global warming"
to allow the ocean to freeze over between Cape Cod and Martha’s Vinyard
so I can DRIVE there instead of taking the ferry.

it HAS happened in my lifetime and I don’t want to miss driving there
when it happens again.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719702]I’m still waiting for a few more years of this "global warming"
to allow the ocean to freeze over between Cape Cod and Martha’s Vinyard
so I can DRIVE there instead of taking the ferry.

it HAS happened in my lifetime and I don’t want to miss driving there
when it happens again.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy Martha’s Vinyard as much as possible because a two mile high glacier is going to be headed that way over the next 10-12 thousand years. I pray that man is warming the planet as much as claimed. This will give us a little more time before the next ice age comes and upends our world like no amount of global warming could hope to accomplish.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2719505]@ UTR:what about nuclear waste dumped in the sea or stored underground?

Do you REALLY think that the human footprint will be easilly erased???:confused:[/QUOTE]

There is a basic understanding of Radio nucleides and radioactivity.

Man has not “Created” radioactivity, In point of fact all man does is concentrate it in a localized spot, when man is done with it there is actually less total radioactivity.

To claim otherwise is like saying “Burning down a forest creates wood”

wanna have something to really worry about? it is well known that the center of the earth is a big ball of molten metal… usually mentioned on Science TV shows as “Nickel-Iron”

What is not mentioned is that inside that there are layers of progressively denser metals…

you really don’t want to know how large the ball of violently reacting uranium at the center of the earth is…

How much does a ball of uranium tens of miles in diameter weigh?

The only thing that stops it from exploding outwards is the weight of all the stuff piled on top of it…

Hope you sleep well tonight after learning that…

as for the Glaciers plowing Martha’s vineyard under, not a real worry…

Because as the glaciers form the sea level will drop, because the water is tied up in ice… so I’ll be able to WALK there with dry feet in about 8,000 years…

But without the sea around it there will be little point in going there…

Unless you are looking to get eaten by a polar bear on the journey?