The good old days

vbimport

I know some will disagree but there was much less of a divorce rate back then. I missed this book, I don’t know how but it had to be a best seller. LOL.

Hay I remember that book also, In fact I think that my wife slapped me with it about 2 hours into our marriage.
The book was OK for about 2 hrs then she wanted to get up and get dressed.

Always in a jam
Marty

Ohhhh… wait until Arachne or Dee gets wind of this thread! :eek: :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2738345]Ohhhh… wait until Arachne or Dee gets wind of this thread! :eek: :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] It was written by " The Community’s For a Better America" and no one listened. LOL.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2738307]I know some will disagree but there was much less of a divorce rate back then[/QUOTE]Duh. There was more shame as well.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2738345]Ohhhh… wait until Arachne or Dee gets wind of this thread! :eek: :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

/me ducks away under the table…:eek::iagree::bigsmile:

I bet those 5 easy lessons rarely worked even then.

The kids would probably have something to say about mom walking around without clothes. The sons would probably have a lot of friends though wanting to play at your house.

[QUOTE=cholla;2738368]I bet those 5 easy lessons rarely worked even then.

The kids would probably have something to say about mom walking around without clothes. The sons would probably have a lot of friends though wanting to play at your house.[/QUOTE]
My mother had dinner on the table the minute my father walked in the door. He washed up and got into his slippers and watched the TV. This was a book for newlyweds before they had children, the learnin had to start at the very beginning to be successful LOL.:flower:

But isn’t that the point of “learnin” so the lesson learned sticks ?

My mom had dinner on time some of the time but not even close to always.

My dad didn’t just come home a plop down & watch TV.
He didn’t grab the vacuum cleaner either though.
He worked in the yard & did other things around the house .
That doesn’t mean we kids didn’t mow the yard once we were old enough .
Which was about 8 for me. as soon as I could push the manual reel lawnmower.
But as I’m sure you know a kid seldom does as good a job as an adult.
My dad took care of the finer points of the mowing job.

Posted by cholla

I bet those 5 easy lessons rarely worked even then.

But when they did work, LOL. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

shrugs
Better to look forward than to look back.

Men can like it or lump it, women are your equal in many things, worse at some things, and better than men at others.

Train a woman, not a chance of that with me. The only way I could be trained is if I was scared of the man, and if I was scared of a man, I wouldn’t hang around to be bullied. If I couldn’t get away, then I’d take a knife to his throat.

I’m not to be messed with. :bigsmile:
:p:p:p:p

Me hides in an unknown location.:wink:

While Alan is hiding here’s a example of the difference between men and women 's thinking.

[QUOTE=Dee;2738403]Train a woman, not a chance of that with me. The only way I could be trained is if I was scared of the man, and if I was scared of a man, I wouldn’t hang around to be bullied. If I couldn’t get away, then I’d take a knife to his throat.[/QUOTE]

Note to self: Do not train Dee. Do not even attempt it. You will not pass Go. ever. :bigsmile: