The Godfather will not rip with the sound synced

I rip all my DVDs to .mp4 format at 2000 to 2400kbps video, 720x480, and AAC 256KB audio and 2 pass encoding (h264 +AAC). I never have a problem.

Until now.

The Godfather Part 1 rips successfully, but when I test the playback about halfway or 3/4 thru the movie the sound starts being off. And I mean off by several seconds or more.

Can someone else who owns the godfather try ripping it and see what happens?

This occurs with the latest version of DVDFab platinum and previous versions. :bow:

[quote=buzzin1999;2074287]I rip all my DVDs to .mp4 format at 2000 to 2400kbps video, 720x480, and AAC 256KB audio and 2 pass encoding (h264 +AAC). I never have a problem.

Until now.

The Godfather Part 1 rips successfully, but when I test the playback about halfway or 3/4 thru the movie the sound starts being off. And I mean off by several seconds or more.

Can someone else who owns the godfather try ripping it and see what happens?

:bow:[/quote]
I have that collection but I only do full disc. Are you doing mobile if so explain how and I can try and see if I have same problem

And tell us which exact profile you are using. I will try also when I have time (this is a lengthy test). Have you tried 1-pass? I can’t see the difference when using H.264.

I am using the profile: generic.mp4.h264.aac.

Video 2000 to 2400kbps (tried both).
2 pass encoding
256KB audio, 150% boost
720x480, no cropping

I have a one pass running at home right now and will check that later today. I don’t have high hopes though.

Will probably make no difference, but let us know how it works out, also how you think the video looks compared to 2-pass.

Yes I am doing Mobile b/c I am ripping my DVD library to digital format for playback on a Zune.

I do not notice much difference b/w one and two pass encoding video, but I do 2pass just b/c I want the best quality.

I have not tried the other two Godfather movies, but I suspect they will have the same issue. I think it is something to do with the length of these movies (3hrs each or whatever).

The audio is synced properly on one pass encoding, but never on two pass with this movie.

Not sure why that is happening, but at least you have an MP4 now. At that bitrate, it should look really good.

It does, came out about 3.15GB. I still think this is a DVDFab problem and anyone who attempts a 2pass will get the problem.

Buzz, what is your playback device? PC? Mobile device? Widescreen TV?

I play it back on the PC I rip it on and the sound is off.

But my ultimate playback location is a Zune hooked up to a HDTV.

[quote=buzzin1999;2074609]I am using the profile: generic.mp4.h264.aac.

2 pass encoding
256KB audio, 150% boost
720x480, no cropping

I have a one pass running at home right now and will check that later today. I don’t have high hopes though.[/quote]
OK will give it a try and post back when I finsihed

[quote=buzzin1999;2074609]I am using the profile: generic.mp4.h264.aac.

2 pass encoding
256KB audio, 150% boost
720x480, no cropping

I have a one pass running at home right now and will check that later today. I don’t have high hopes though.[/quote]
ok I will try this now but I am unable to figure out how you got 256kb audio and the 720x480. I was able to get 128kb audio and for video I going to try 736x416 since I am unable to do your settings. I have no reason to do mobile since I have laptop and a portable dvd player but can try and see what happens

To do 720x480 you have to add that as an option in the actual .xml profile under C:\Program FIles\DVDFAB\Profiles.

The 256kb audio may also have been added, but I think that is there by default on a lot of profiles.

Ok for the settings I did the audio is not out it is perfect. The settings are Encoding 2pass, bitrate 2000kb, audio bitrate 128kb, boost 150% and 736x416 no cropping. I am unable to do your settings as I do not know how to get them in dvdfab. It took me almost 5 hours to do this movie with the settings I used and I don`t have anymore time at the moment to try again. Maybe signals can do with your settings as like I said before I never done the mobile before as I not need it. I was away on holidays for a month and now I need to edit my videos and pictures and will not have the time to try again for a few weeks. Goodluck and I hope you figure it out soon.

Thanks for trying. Maybe it is a bitrate issue with the audio, who knows. But it does work with one pass no problem.