I am pleased to announce that I may have cracked the CopyControl system Cactus 200. I just did a pure copy of Ministry of Sounds single, Boogie Pimps - Somebody to Love - Saltshaker Remix.
Here is how to do it (NOTE: if you have a DVD-ROM drive like myself, it will not read the CD. Insert the CD in the burner drive before continuing).
- Start Nero Burning Rom 6
- If you have DVD-ROM drive the original CD has to be inserted into the burner.
- Choose to Audio CD (as there are no extra videos or other content).
- Under the “CDA Options” tab UNTICK “take off silence at end of audio tracks”.
- Under the “Burn” tab, make sure “Write” is ticked on and “Finalise” is ticked ON only on a CD-R, and ticked OFF on a CDRW.
- Choose “Write Speed” and change to 4x (creates better copy)
- “Write Method” should be “Track-at-Once”, then click “New”.
- On the right hand side of your screen will be your drive listings. Choose your CD you wish to copy here, you will then see the track listings.
- NOTE: The CD I copied has 6 tracks, but 7 are listed. DONT SELECT/USE ANY OTHER TRACKS BESIDES THE MUSIC TRACKS.
- Drag each track one by one from the right hand side to the left hand side. Nero will verify each track which is copied to your hard disk. Do this for all tracks listed except for the DATA track which is what the CopyControl uses. Only select AUDIO TRACKS.
- Then click on BURN and choose 4x write speed.