The 'FTI test results' thread

vbimport

I though I open up a new thread because I’m sure I’m not the only one that recieved a nice media test package from Falcon Technologies thanks to Sam Chapple :flower:.

Why I dont simply post the results in the ‘CD/DVD media tests’ forums?
I’d like to have some discussion about the media :slight_smile:

Here’s my first burned disc. Not that big, but the result is excellent.
2422MB burned at 8x with Pioneer DVR-112L 1.24
MID: TTH02
‘Falcon Media Pro DVD-R 16x 4.7GB Inkjet Hub Printable WHITE, Made in UAE’

Excellent Disc Quality Scan, but how is the TRT?

(an excellent DQS is no guarantee for a decent TRT)

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2083927](an excellent DQS is no guarantee for a decent TRT)[/QUOTE]

100% agree, but everythings alright here

It looks pretty nice. Ver decent and much better that recent TTH02s which are made by MBI.

Well done Womi.

I shall also expect to see the scans which the discs are burnt over 4GB.

BTW, can you plz post the hub serial code, Womi? Thanks mate!

Hmmmm… I’ve yet to receive my test package from Falcon Technologies I’ve
been watching for it everyday but no package yet. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Must be like Super A grade TTH02 lol. Seems that the TDK MID can produce good results when they don’t pump out the usual B grade stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Womi;2083916]I though I open up a new thread because I’m sure I’m not the only one that recieved a nice media test package from Falcon Technologies thanks to Sam Chapple :flower:.

Why I dont simply post the results in the ‘CD/DVD media tests’ forums?
I’d like to have some discussion about the media :slight_smile:

Here’s my first burned disc. Not that big, but the result is excellent.
2422MB burned at 8x with Pioneer DVR-112L 1.24
MID: TTH02
’Falcon Media Pro DVD-R 16x 4.7GB Inkjet Hub Printable WHITE, Made in UAE’[/QUOTE]
I received the sample package from FTI a few days ago too. Thanks Sam :flower::flower::flower:
I will test some of samples as soon as possible and post the results here or in CD/DVD media tests section.
These FTI made media with TDK MID codes seem to be of very high quality indeed :bow::bow::bow:

i want a sample package :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t say no to one either.

FTI really seem to impress me.
Seeing that even the stuff that they supplied to budget brands as Emtec and Nashua has performed impressive.
Ok the own code stuff might have some compatability issues on a few (older ) writers but the overall quality is definately there.
Also the way how they handle things really seems to put them a part.

Now if only some webstore could give me a guarantee on those EMTEC’s having a FTI 016 code for the +R, because I wouldn’t like ending up with the CMC’s, MJC’s or even worse fake MCC004.

A scan of FTI 016 +R should be up on cdrlabs forum. Scanned with a plextor Px-760 burned with a Philips benq 1640 twin brother.

what do the edges look like ?
the best -R media I’ve ever had on my Pioneer 108 is definitely TTH01(sold and possibly manufactured by MAM-E).

I also tried some TDK branded TTH01, and they were fantastic when burned at 8X…far better than MCC0xRG20 or TYG0x

but half of the discs had ugly spikes in the metal layer on the outer edges…which makes me wonder how they do 3 years later.

I’m kinda scared to check with Kprobe actually…

I’ve also seen some +R TDK 16X with ugly edges as well.

First DVD+R DL 8x :iagree:
White Inkjet hub printable

burned with Pioneer DVR-112L at 4x
Perfect TRT

[QUOTE=Womi;2089670]First DVD+R DL 8x :iagree:
White Inkjet hub printable

burned with Pioneer DVR-112L at 4x
Perfect TRT[/QUOTE]

Ooh, that looks good. :smiley:

Do you know if it play back is good or not?

[QUOTE=Albert;2089672]Ooh, that looks good. :smiley:

Do you know if it play back is good or not?[/QUOTE]

It plays fine on my XBox 360 :iagree:

24k Full Gold CD-R 48x 700MB, Blank Shiny, Made in UAE

burned at 16x with Pioneer DVR-112L 1.24

I’m seriously impressed. Best full gold CD-R I’ve seen so far :clap:

very good disc

Impressive results. Are these gonna be on the market soon? As EMTECs I suppose?

Can’t remember to have used any TDK MIDs recently, and seeing those results make me want to try out some (or even more). :smiley: Only concern is compatibility and longevity… and price, of course. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=evo69;2117297]Impressive results. Are these gonna be on the market soon? As EMTECs I suppose?

Can’t remember to have used any TDK MIDs recently, and seeing those results make me want to try out some (or even more). :smiley: Only concern is compatibility and longevity… and price, of course. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, FTI is manufacturing excellent media.
But I havent found them anywhere here in Europe. You have a very, very small chance to get DVD-/+Rs under Emtec brand :frowning:

It would be great to try out some FTI media :wink: Wouldn’t mind being sent a sample package, though I doubt they’d be marketing much in Asia, probably more in Europe.

Post some full-disc burn scans when you get around to filling a disc up, interested in seeing one. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Womi;2117336]Yep, FTI is manufacturing excellent media.
But I havent found them anywhere here in Europe. You have a very, very small chance to get DVD-/+Rs under Emtec brand :([/QUOTE]
You can get FTI media under Grundig, Nashua brands and also the newest inkjet printable TDKs are made by FTI.