hd maxtor d.max plus9 6y080p0 80gb u-ata133 7200rpm 8mb cache 95 eur
[i wanted western digital wd360gd 36gb serial-ata 10000rpm 8mb cache 169 eur…]
s.video xfx fx5600 (nvidia) 256mb ddr vi/vo dvi agp 8x 193 eur
cables coolermaster tube 14.5 eur for three
dissipatore cooler master hhcl61 silent heat pipe socket a 25 eur
scanner epson perfectio 1260 photo 92 eur

dvd pioneer 16x40
burner liton ltr-52246s
modem adsl michelangelo usb (chip globespan)

tot. (without last three items): 1234,56 eur

i plan to buy the cool HD :cool: and some nice ram (corsair or something) witht he first processor upgrade, so everything will be running at 400mhz :slight_smile:

Originally posted by cico
1234,56 eur

Did you make a effort to make sure it was 1234,56? :slight_smile:
Very nice package you’ve got there cico, but since when do you earn money? :wink:

I guess it is a gift from the parents, we people down here (at the mediterranean :wink: ) are used to this :stuck_out_tongue:
Havent payed for my rig either.

Actually we dont pay for anything till we have finished our studies and found a good job. Till then all expenses are paid by our folks. I m sure its the same in the Italian and Spanish “culture”.

Its is somehow different fro people up north though. A lot of my Norwegian and Swedish friends i met in Budapest found this to be very odd. They are used in getting loans or whatever but usually never get money from their folks, at least money they’re not paying back … their bad :wink:

You are right, I get some things off my parents (but that has to do with me being the only child and so cute :p) but most things I have to pay for myself.

When will you be getting your stuff cico?

me mommy was happy with my 7.2 school average (out of ten, of course…) :bigsmile:

the whole pakage should be around here in two weeks…

p.s.
i swear that i didn’t do anything to get that final price :cool:

nice set-up
i think that the poor performing xfx fx5600 is the weakest link in your system, but safe that money and go for a radeon 9600+

You should wait for the redesigned GeForceFX 5600 Ultra. A much better card and has good overclocking head room.

Review

Originally posted by Maelstrom
nice set-up
i think that the poor performing xfx fx5600 is the weakest link in your system, but safe that money and go for a radeon 9600+

is it really a so-bad card? i thought it looked nice…
anyway, i could save ten € and go with this one: SAPPHIRE ATI RAD9600Pro 128M DDR TvOutDVI 8X…
it has half ram, but it’s a radeon (and anyway i don’t really believe that 256mb are needed…) and still has tvout… non tvin, but i think i could live without that :slight_smile:

please answer pretty quickly, as i hope to go and pay for the thing this afternoon :cool: :stuck_out_tongue:

Isnt the 9500 Pro supposed to be faster than than the 9600 Pro ??

And cheaper too.

Originally posted by rocky
[B]Isnt the 9500 Pro supposed to be faster than than the 9600 Pro ??

And cheaper too. [/B]
on the site you provided, i found an interesting article about overclocking a 9600 pro, which pointend out that a 167 mhz core oc could be done, bringing results (almost) close to a 9700…

here

At this point I’d prefer almost any ATi card over Nvidia’s current generation, they almost have a larger community now since ATi’s been on top for so long.

Cico, unless you’re doing a lot of Photoshop/Premeire/DivX stuff, you could probably get by with 2x 256MB PC3200. And might I suggest Corsair XMS if available? Really high quality, and they carry a lifetime warranty.

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
Cico, unless you’re doing a lot of Photoshop/Premeire/DivX stuff, you could probably get by with 2x 256MB PC3200. And might I suggest Corsair XMS if available? Really high quality, and they carry a lifetime warranty.
i seriously plan to change the ram cards with some corsair in something like a year, waiting for prices to fall and to processors to start running @ 400 mhz (at an affordable price as well…).

they almost have a larger community now since ATi’s been on top for so long.

Okay I know its off topic but Intel & Nvidia still rule the roost when it comes to market share.
From January onwards this year:
Nvidia 32%
Intel 28%
ATI 19%
Via 11%
SIS 8%
Matrox 1%

Source

Whatever card you get just make sure it’s the best bang for buck as it’s going to be a good year for first person shooters, Deus Ex2, Half Life 2, Doom3… drool can’t wait:)

Originally posted by rocky
[B]

Okay I know its off topic but Intel & Nvidia still rule the roost when it comes to market share.
[/B]

I realize they have more in terms of market share. But it’s not the same as the community of enthusiast types I’m talking about. Half of Nvidia’s market share is from OEMs putting GeForce2MXs in all their models. And Half of those people don’t even know what a graphics card is. Which do you think has more users, ATi 9500-9800 or GeForce FX series? I’d put the money on ATi.

EDIT: typo on enthusiast

Ah well on that point I agree.:wink:

For sure, buy a Radeon 9600 Pro instead of the FX… if you can find one, a 9500 actually even better…

So, since you people brought this up, an Ati 9500 Pro performs better than a 9600Pro?

I’m asking cause i can get my hands on a SAPPHIRE 9500 ATLANTIS PRO for 169E and a POWERCOLOR 9600 ATLANTIS PRO for like 199E :wink:

I forgot where I read this, but I remember seeing the 9500 Pro tramp over the 9600 Pro in almost every game and benchmark. I think it has higher fillrate, and therefore, the better performance.

If you can still find the 9500 non-pro(4 pipes), and the ram is the L-config, then it is possible you can convert that to a 9700(8 pipes). I did this a couple weeks ago, and its sweet. 9500np is almost half price of the 9700! There is possibility it can’t convert though, but either way, it is a nice card… but sweeter if you can convert it…

Originally posted by SkYLiNe
IIf you can still find the 9500 non-pro(4 pipes), and the ram is the L-config, then it is possible you can convert that to a 9700(8 pipes).
We’re getting off topic here a bit (sorry cico :slight_smile: ), but would this one be one of those with an L-config?

Heard you can do the same thing with the 9500 pro (convert it to an 9700 Pro i mean). :wink:
Doesnt sound that easy though

9500pro to 9700pro…is just a firmware flash.
This firmware flash you need to be able to overclock.

I did it on my 9500pro…which is now recoqnized as 9700pro.