The Express-The Ernie Davis Story locking up

New DVD. Just released. Totally locks up DVD Fab latest version. Tried it on two different computers. I don’t get a log, error report. DVD Fab just locks up.

Can you try turning off the preview window in common settings :smiley:

Send Fengtao the ifos. Someone else apparently did but send them again anyway. I’m surprised Fengtao hasn’t commented on this movie yet.

Thanks but its kinda hard to send anything when I just lock up.

Turn off pathfinder and it will open disk ,you will still not be able to do full disk but u can do main movie . just use the one that fab chooses. then you can also send the files.:wink:

What’s pathfinder?, please explain the steps, did you have rhe issue also? I’m having a similar problen but DVDFAB shuts down mins after inserting the DVD(the express). (5.2.3.0.) Also sent file to Fantango

It’s not “Pathfinder”, it’s “PathPlayer”. Look in DVDFab options under DVD/Path Player.

It’s not “Fandango”, it’s “Fengtao”.

:slight_smile:

AT the top of the screen you will see you will see a check mark, click on this and look to the right side of the screen you will see the word path player click on it ,pick disable pathplayer. You will have to close fab and then open it again that should take care of it. after you do this make sure you change it back when you are through.

Sent Fengtao the IFO’s Saturday
It may be has to wait to get a copy for himself before fixing,
Just hang in there the boys always come thru.

(crossing fingers that they’re not coming out with some new tricks!!)

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2201520]Thanks but its kinda hard to send anything when I just lock up.[/QUOTE]
Just an FYI:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2015274-post4.html

While this way isn’t ideal, at least it’ll give Fengtao all the .IFO files in the VIDEO_TS Folder

We’ve gotten several threads going on this same disk. Do we still need to send the ifo file? It appears its been sent and work is being done already. If not I’ll be glad to do what is needed to send an ifo file.

Jim

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2202006]We’ve gotten several threads going on this same disk. Do we still need to send the ifo file? It appears its been sent and work is being done already. If not I’ll be glad to do what is needed to send an ifo file.

Jim[/QUOTE]Yeah, I agree that you sending in the .IFO files is probably redundant at this point. I just took a quick look and didn’t see where anyone was able to open this flick as clone or full disk…maybe I missed it…dunno.

I just thought I’d throw this out again as a reminder to anyone who can’t open the disc at all with Fab.

Also agree about the multiple thread issue. Sure would be nice if folks took a few seconds to look around at other recent threads.
I think your thread was first although it looks like you’re in a tie according to the cdf clock…:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll pm Alan.

Actually I was part of the problem this time and not part of the solution. My bad. There was another thread already and I missed it.

I hope this helps, I recieved my copy to day region 1 and I too had a hard time backing this one up, However I did get it to backup Main Movie only and I have not watched it all the way thou, Fab 5230 pathplayer off, I was using my Benq, burner and having no luck. after I rebooted with pathplayer inabled I used my Lite On buner and got the main movie, why I don’t know but it was shot to the HDD first then back to the disk. Hope this helps but it has some new stuff on it I think!!

sontog

Sontog: Thanks, that worked for me too. I will watch for a program update.

[QUOTE=Sontog;2202196]I hope this helps, I recieved my copy to day region 1 and I too had a hard time backing this one up, However I did get it to backup Main Movie only and I have not watched it all the way thou, Fab 5230 pathplayer off, I was using my Benq, burner and having no luck. after I rebooted with pathplayer inabled I used my Lite On buner and got the main movie, why I don’t know but it was shot to the HDD first then back to the disk. Hope this helps but it has some new stuff on it I think!!

sontog[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your info. While I was not able to back-up using Fab 5230 “Main Movie”, I was successful using “Customize” with pathplayer off. Thought I’d share my findings. All in all DVD Fab is still tops.

[QUOTE=sgmvideo;2202303]Thanks for your info. While I was not able to back-up using Fab 5230 “Main Movie”, I was successful using “Customize” with pathplayer off. Thought I’d share my findings. All in all DVD Fab is still tops.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone been able to use VobBlanker on this disc? It would appear that there are many cells with pointer mismatches between various tables. Not sure what this means but the VobBlanker seems to think it’s very unusual.

Eventually VobBlanker is able to list out the title sets, but eventually hangs.

I’ll leave it to the gurus to figure out what might be going wrong with this disc.

I just managed to put a copy of the main movie on my file server by downgrading to 5.2.2.2 and then disabling pathplayer.

Finally got it, using DVDFab Decrypter 5.2.3.0 pathplayer disabled & Movie only, DVD shrink. Thanks to all for all your help!