THE_EXPRESS Please help

I am trying to backup THE_EXPRESS and receiving the following error:

12:53:30: Analyzing of DVD started
12:53:30: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
12:53:30: Copy process started
12:58:08: Task_1 failed! Error=102()
12:58:09: Process failed!

Hi nemish, what version of fab are you using, the error shows a failure in the read. Task_1 failed.

DVDFab HD Decrypter 6.0.2.2 (June 26, 2009)

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2306358]Hi nemish, what version of fab are you using, the error shows a failure in the read. Task_1 failed.[/QUOTE]

It plays fine in a software DVD player but for some reason in DVDFab it fails.
Also found this fails in other utilities as well.
I have to assume it is a new encryption key?

[QUOTE=nemish;2310224]It plays fine in a software DVD player but for some reason in DVDFab it fails.
Also found this fails in other utilities as well.
I have to assume it is a new encryption key?[/QUOTE]

Nope…first try disabling pathplayer (or enabling…whatever the opposite is of your current setting), and see if that makes a difference.

If not, and in light of your problems with other utilities and this film, I’d say you have a bad disk, and I’d be looking at exchanging it for a better one.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2310230]Nope…first try disabling pathplayer (or enabling…whatever the opposite is of your current setting), and see if that makes a difference.

If not, and in light of your problems with other utilities and this film, I’d say you have a bad disk, and I’d be looking at exchanging it for a better one.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

As I said it plays fine in any dvd software or physical dvd player.
Just crashes using any program like DVDFab that tries to break/remove the encryption.
I will try to change that setting and return my results but since it is a pretty new dvd that is why I am figuring it is just a newer encryption key that hasn’t been added to dvdfab.

[QUOTE=nemish;2310265]As I said it plays fine in any dvd software or physical dvd player.
Just crashes using any program like DVDFab that tries to break/remove the encryption.
I will try to change that setting and return my results but since it is a pretty new dvd that is why I am figuring it is just a newer encryption key that hasn’t been added to dvdfab.[/QUOTE]

nemish, what is the disc you are trying to back up…

and is this only happening when you try to backup to your HD ?

and is this the only disc you’ve experienced this with ?

DVDFab in my experience is capable of cracking any encryption it encounters…

follow O’Canada’s advice with the setting and see if that doesn’t set things right for you…

please post your results…

[QUOTE=nemish;2310265]As I said it plays fine in any dvd software or physical dvd player.
I will try to change that setting and return my results but since it is a pretty new dvd that is why I am figuring it is just a newer encryption key that hasn’t been added to dvdfab.[/QUOTE]
Just because it plays in a DVD player does not mean it not a bad pressed DVD. give the disc a wipe with a non scratching clothe to remove dust and finger print. Just because it new does not mean the disc is not dirty.

Change the pathplayer setting from enable when necessary to always enabled

Is this a Blu-Ray disc as only Blu-ray have encryption keys

I did this movie when it was released and had no problems so let us know if you can get DVDfab working for you with this title

[QUOTE=GJ;2310335]Just because it plays in a DVD player does not mean it not a bad pressed DVD. give the disc a wipe with a non scratching clothe to remove dust and finger print. Just because it new does not mean the disc is not dirty.

Change the pathplayer setting from enable when necessary to always enabled

Is this a Blu-Ray disc as only Blu-ray have encryption keys

I did this movie when it was released and had no problems so let us know if you can get DVDfab working for you with this title[/QUOTE]

I changed Pathplayer from “enable when necessary” to “disable” to “always enable”

All failed

[QUOTE=nemish;2310470]I changed Pathplayer from “enable when necessary” to “disable” to “always enable”

All failed[/QUOTE]

As I said earlier…the disk is bad.

Go out and get a new one, and as long as it doesn’t have the same problem, it should copy OK.

OC

[QUOTE=OCanada;2310598]As I said earlier…the disk is bad.

Go out and get a new one, and as long as it doesn’t have the same problem, it should copy OK.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

The disk is bad? It plays fine in VLC or WinDVD or WMP but it’s bad? Guess I’m not understanding how that’s possible

[QUOTE=nemish;2310943]The disk is bad? It plays fine in VLC or WinDVD or WMP but it’s bad? Guess I’m not understanding how that’s possible[/QUOTE]

In simple terms, to play a DVD, all a set-top player or computer program needs is to be able to read the IFO files and the VOB files to navigate the DVD and access the data files to give you sound and picture.

To copy a DVD, the computer program doing the copy needs deep access to all parts of the disc (even those not used by the set-top player), to get at and nullify the copy protection and any other gimmicks thrown in to prevent copying.

Since you are getting a read error, the parts that Fab needs to read to do a proper copy can’t be read, even though those parts don’t affect playback.

As an example…in the old days of floppy disks, you could have both a Word file and an Excel file on a single floppy. If the Excel file became corrupt, the Word file would still be accessible and useable, even though the excel file was beyond reach.

A somewhat similar thing has happened here…picture and sound are still available, but the other parts needed for copying are unaccessible.

That’s why I am saying to go out and get a new disk, and give it a try.

OC

OK that makes sense if that’s how it is different.
I didn’t think DVDFab read anything but the IFO and VOB files (pretty much just like a player would)

[QUOTE=nemish;2311036]OK that makes sense if that’s how it is different.
I didn’t think DVDFab read anything but the IFO and VOB files (pretty much just like a player would)[/QUOTE]

Nope…as you know, any copy protection on the disk doesn’t (usually) affect playback - but Fab has to be able to get at that area to remove the copy protection. For whatever reason(s), your disk can’t be read in those areas.

Going to get a new one?

OC

I just tried to decode Express also with the same results (PathPlayer on and off). It’s not the disc:(. I sent the error to Fengtao.

Guys just go to the previous post on dvdfab 6.0.3.0 and try to back up the express. I believe a previous version of dvd fab maybe 5.2 something was updated because a new copy right protection was found on this particular movie. Also don’t quote me on this but isn’t the copy right protection in the previews and add ons on a dvd, not in the main movie itself?

Download and install [B]VSO Inspector[/B] it is free and will say if disc is bad or not.

Do a scan and if you get any read errors then the disc is bad but if it all green the disc is good. Simple solution to find out if disc a bad pressed disc or not