[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SHW-1635S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]This Lite-On player SHW-1635S has been a great performer, failing me very few times. After going through tons of disks and ultimately deciding that using cheap disks was stupid, I settled on TYG02 (which are supposed to be Premium Line TY 8X DVD-R), I still cannot get a Quality Test better than 95%:
DISCINFO VERSION : 188.8.131.52
VENDOR : LITE-ON
MODEL : DVDRW SHW-1635S
REVISION : YS0Z
VENDOR SPECIFIC : 2006/05/19 10:18
Which one of the following statements, if any, is the most correct?
- A Quality Score of 95% is what is expected of these disks.
- The burner is performing well at 95%.
- The 95% number is not accurate.
- The Lite-On drive does not like these disks.
- The computer-Lite-On-TY combination is not going to achieve better than 95%.
- You have the find the optimum read and write speeds for Quality Tests.
- None of the above. The problem is....
Like some others here, I am concerned over the quality of some of my archived disks since I did not run a Quality Test on each one of them. The TY disks have been great although not perfect. There have been a few that have failed the Scan Test for surface errors.
Thanks for the help!
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S
Disc: DVD-R (TYG02)
Selected speed: 8 X
PO failures: n/a
Elapsed time: 8:51
Number of samples: 101880
Average scanning interval: 1.22 ECC
Glitches removed: 0