The egg has Verb DVD+R DL 2.4-4x free shipping with $8.00 rebate

This is a 20 pk cake box. Can be found here at the egg. Can’t tell if it is MIS or MII
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130008

Luck of the draw but the MKM003 8X are always MIS from what i have read.

Virtually all of them from newegg are MII these days. Not worth it IMHO.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1963053]Virtually all of them from newegg are MII these days. Not worth it IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it looks like 2.4x MIS MKM 001s are dead.

[QUOTE=negritude;1963069]Yep, it looks like 2.4x MIS MKM 001s are dead.[/QUOTE]

Not true if you live in Europe, but I’m guessing that’s not what was meant…

Every electronic shop I went too had lots & lots & lots of 10-packs for 16-20 Euros, all MIS, with the new packaging. If not for the US <-> Euro conversion being p*ss poor, I would’ve grabbed some.

Dont know how many times this same deal has been posted, people dont bite on media deals with Rebates because they can pretty much get similar deal at retail stores without the rebates

any rebate coupons there for Newegg deals ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130997

looking to get that :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1964771]Dont know how many times this same deal has been posted, people dont bite on media deals with Rebates because they can pretty much get similar deal at retail stores without the rebates[/QUOTE]

Or the simple fact that in the store they at least have a shot of getting MIS instead of the MII garbage. I visit several different sites and you wouldn’t believe the number of complaints that come rolling in on almost a daily basis now asking what happened to the Verbatim discs and I have to explain it to them over and over again. I’m half tempted to fly over to India and firebomb the plant just so I can stop seeing the complaints (not to mention Verbatim would be forced to resume production of MKM001 in Singapore again). Anyone care to share the fun with this raving lunatic? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;1964746]Not true if you live in Europe, but I’m guessing that’s not what was meant…

Every electronic shop I went too had lots & lots & lots of 10-packs…[/QUOTE]

In North America, the 10-packs have been discontinued and MKM 001 production has switched completely to Moser Baer, so for us, it’s MKM 003 or nothing.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1964859] I’m half tempted to fly over to India and firebomb the plant just so I can stop seeing the complaints (not to mention Verbatim would be forced to resume production of MKM001 in Singapore again). Anyone care to share the fun with this raving lunatic? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

OMG , a [B]true[/B] cdfreak terrorist :clap:

Then again Verbatim can find another one in China and start producing MKM001 there , I won’t be the one to bomb that this time because I don’t use DL media :stuck_out_tongue:

Moral of the story is : when you get good media and you know you will need this particular media for some time to come , go and BUY THEM ALL before they start to get crappier :wink:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1964859]I’m half tempted to fly over to India and firebomb the plant just so I can stop seeing the complaints [/QUOTE]

when r u booking tickets for that Bombing Flight ? i am Ready :iagree:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1964980]Moral of the story is : when you get good media and you know you will need this particular media for some time to come , go and BUY THEM ALL before they start to get crappier ;)[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap: agreed totally :iagree:

Ok so if all the Verbatim is now crap MII what’s the next best option?

I think we covered that above. Not all Verbatim is crap, just the 2.4x official stuff is. The 8x official stuff is still the excellent quality MIS produced media.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1973265]I think we covered that above. Not all Verbatim is crap, just the 2.4x official stuff is. The 8x official stuff is still the excellent quality MIS produced media.[/QUOTE]

How about MII Verb DL ??? :confused:
Think I this is second choics DL Media ?

I wonder why Newegg is so savvy about hardware, but carries run-of-the-mill media.

[QUOTE=Burnsama;1973268]How about MII Verb DL ??? :confused:
Think I this is second choics DL Media ?

All 2.4x official rated DL Verbatim IS MII. All 8x official rated DL Verbatim is MIS.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1973312]All 2.4x official rated DL Verbatim IS MII. All 8x official rated DL Verbatim is MIS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for Info Jesterrace :slight_smile:
I will get some Verb DL ( MII ) this week and do I Post scan here ?

Just so I’m clear…based on Verbatim’s #s I’m good ordering the 95484 or the 95311 but nothing else when it comes to DL media, right?

I came from Micro Center They got stock two design Verb DL Media
20pack Verb DL 2.4X ( MII New Packaging it was all MII ) and
[B]10pack Verb DL 2.4 ( it is all MIS New Packaging 10pack $15.99 )[/B] :clap::clap:
still out there MIS Verb DL :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1964771]Dont know how many times this same deal has been posted, people dont bite on media deals with Rebates because they can pretty much get similar deal at retail stores without the rebates[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree: