THE EDGE OF LOVE heads up

Just a heads up if you want to backup “The Edge Of Love” It is one of those that shuts down the program if “Pathplayer” is enabled.:eek: Disable “Pathplayer” and it works fine.:bow:

Is that a fault in PathPlayer? I really like running PathPlayer, for it’s saved me from some contiguity problems when playing disks. Is it something they can/will fix? Best regards.

BTW, thanks for the tip: It’s copying just fine – and not rejecting it!

[QUOTE=LuvFAB;2307784]Is that a fault in PathPlayer? I really like running PathPlayer, for it’s saved me from some contiguity problems when playing disks. Is it something they can/will fix? Best regards.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know why some movies do it, but I’ve run across a few that will just shut down the program if pathplayer is enabled. This one I tried on 2 different computers and 4 different drives and they all did the same. Disabled pathplayer and it worked great.:rolleyes:

I got it with DVDFab ver 5.3.2.0 and with pathplayer always enabled.
USA on Win XP Home 32 bit

[QUOTE=bean55;2307859]I got it with DVDFab ver 5.3.2.0 and with pathplayer always enabled.
USA on Win XP Home 32 bit[/QUOTE]

:confused::doh:Another case of older being better. Kinda makes me wonder why.:stuck_out_tongue:

Hi DONVAN,

What’s the problem in detail when PathPlayer is enabled?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Fengtao, I’ve run across 3 or 4 movies like this in the last 2 years. When they are loading, as soon as it opens the program shuts down and goes away. I’m at work now, but later I’ll send in the IFO files if you want them. When Pathplayer is disabled, everything works great.

Hi DONVAN,

Please try DVDFab 6030 to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-3-0-beta-out-279684/

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I keep reading about these Pathplayer issues. Dunno why after all this time, problems like this are still happening. You would think that the center choice of “use Pathplayer when necessary” would work for all movies. Dunno why it still doesn’t. Why is the setting even there if it isn’t reliable?

Maybe it needs to be reconfigured where it scans with Pathplayer off first, then if needed it automatically switches on and re-scans? Why can’t it be done that way to fix these issues once and for all? Seems since Pathplayer was first added, it has still not been perfected yet and is still not very reliable. Don’t mean to be negative here, but I don’t get why these problems are still appearing and why one still has to play with that setting to get the proper result.

“The Edge of Love” causes DVDFab 6.0.2.0 to close on a WinXP (SP3) install.

Causes a BlueScreen on Windows7 (64bit) w/ DVDFab 6.0.2.2

In both installs, PathPlayer “enable when required”

Installed 6030Beta on Windows7 (same PathPlayer setting) - now DVDFab shuts down but at least no BlueScreen.

I finally tried on the Win7/6030 install with PathPlayer disabled. Worked.

[QUOTE=fengtao;2308662]Hi DONVAN,

Please try DVDFab 6030 to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-3-0-beta-out-279684/

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

:sad:Fengtao, I tried with 6030 with same results. I did send the IFO files in, with pathplayer disabled. Hope this helps.

I concur with DONVAN, when this DVD is first being analyzed with 6.0.2.2, DVDFab aborts and the app needs to be restarted.

But EDGE OF LOVE does rip with path player turned OFF.

Fengtao, there was one other title called "Hide, sent IFO’s to you last week via an email on July 10.

Regards,
AX

Just disabled path player … and it works …

I tried on 6022 and 6030 Beta … neither would stay on until I disabled Pathplayer …

Thanks !
This was driving me crazy …

Dear all,

Please try DVDFab 6035 beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab...ta-out-280220/

You can let PathPlayer enabled now.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao