The difference between newbie and stupid

vbimport

Newbie questions :

"I've got a question about the working on my cd writer"

"Getting a 1:1 backup of the latest games. How is it done ?"

"So , why not crosspost ?"

Stupid questions :

"I don't care if there's a search button. I have a problem and it must be fixed .. NOW !"

"Yo man , warez.. kewl .. l33t .. but missing rar file 2701 of the 27th iso track of this game that r0x. Got an ip# ?"

"Wtf crosspost .. i need to because you guys don't read everything"

"got the wrong crack of gta 3 , need it fixed now , cuz good game man !"

"i need a serial key for this writer program man .. i don't buy the product becasue it's a piece of crap"

"why would you use free software if you can hack it"

" i have posted that message twenty-three seconds ago and still not an answer .. what kind of forum is this ?"

Soo .. what are you ? :slight_smile:

Hope I’m a newbie :slight_smile:

mmm I`m both…

mr. belevedre: what are you?

Originally posted by Totibbs
mr. belevedre: what are you?

A newbie on some things
A complete newbie on other subjects
An expert on various things
And i’m trying to be a clueless twist as less as possible.

In general … a newbie :slight_smile:

We have a old book called Håvamål here in Norway, it was written in the 13th contury by a man from Iceland, Snorre Sturlason. It has a lot of wisdom in it, in addition to the story of all the viking kings. Now it seems propraite to do a translation of some. :confused:

Unwise man
who roam the land,
it is safest he keep quiet.
That little he knows,
noone know,
except when he speaks.

Ehh, that is why I will keep my moth shut from now on. :cool:

“why would you use free software if you can hack it”

Ahhhh yes, I remember this one. Did the guy I think you’re talking about ever reply to your question about the checksum?

“Yo man , warez… kewl … l33t … but missing rar file 2701 of the 27th iso track of this game that r0x. Got an ip# ?”

This describes most of the hacking channels on IRC. I once saw:

wach -> 4 me, 1’m a l33t haxor warez-dealer wit a whole kewl scene crew.

The best hacker (Hacker as in code hacker, not one who breaks into computers, but he could do this as well) I ever knew never talked like this, always in thoughtful english sentences, and never bragged about his skills in the open.

This describes most of the hacking channels on IRC. I once saw:
wach -> 4 me, 1’m a l33t haxor warez-dealer wit a whole kewl scene crew.

Really???:Z :Z

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
Ahhhh yes, I remember this one. Did the guy I think you’re talking about ever reply to your question about the checksum?

This guy we are talking about never came back since the day he registered and posted 50 posts in one day…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, that guy… :slight_smile:

@trondos

i think it was mark twain who said something of a similar nature -

it is better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt

paraphrased

Mark Twain has said a lot of clever things. :slight_smile:

I do have a quite huge collection of quotes, but I will refrain myself a bit :smiley:

Why shouldn’t truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

“Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet.”
Mark Twain

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

starving dogs will usually eat anything they view fit for canine consumption, including that grilled cheese sandwich yuo are trying to enjoy and your morning cereal.

And REAL hackers dont rant there accomplishments. I have been in some of those IRC rooms and seen leet kewl haxor speak, damnit where did they go to school at??

Some old wise man one said It is better to be unknown and powerful then known and weak. I have no idea of who said it but I heard it when I was a child.

i remember the twain copyright thing. i think he was pissed because some publisher stole an advanced copy of one of his manuscripts and sold it, twain took it to court, and LOST.

his reaction was to put the judges house up for auction. he decided he’d start selling the rest of the judges things after the house went :wink:

Hmmm, perhaps Mark Twain not was as clever as I thought? :slight_smile:

Cloakdoa, you are right, but still: A dog that is treated nice and given food, will after a while become your friend for life. This is not always the case with humans.

Oh, I suddenly realized that I did not answer the question with my first post. :o
I hope that I am a newbie…:confused:

This quote from Goethe will be appreciated by some members here, you know who you are! :smiley:

Ignorant men raise questions that wise men answered a thousand years ago.
Goethe

Originally posted by Trondos
Ignorant men raise questions that wise men answered a thousand years ago.
Goethe

APPLAUDS