The definitive poll. Do mobile phones cause cancer?

It seems as soon as a study is completed that concludes that mobile phones are a health hazard, the mobile phone companies pluck out another scientific study from the woodwork to discredit the claims.

The question is simply: Do mobile phones cause cancer ?

ive been using cell phones on a daily basis for quite some time now and no signs of cancer. Maybe after 200 years it would or something.

i like use my cell like 3 hrs a day or more back n forth from work communcation with gf via sms talking to friends surfing etc if it was true i would be a definite Candidite for it :eek:

but till i see some actual study to the following :bigsmile: ill disregard

Not enough evidence.

I don’t think it’ll cause cancer , but it’s been proven that it will raise the temperature of your brain.

I’ve just had a 5 day EMC course , so i can tell you a lot about this phenomena :slight_smile:

The best example to use is that it’s kinda like microwaves ,only not as bad as microwaves. Do know that mobile phones transmit 4 watts very very close to your brain ; which will heat up about 2 Degrees celcius in reference to your normal body temperature.

Everything in moderation…

Too much of anything will do damage to the human body. An average user of any wireless phones made after the mid-1990’s probably has nothing to worry about.

I don’t have a clear opinion about it. I know that the phone heats up the brain and I guess that’s nothing good. On the other side, if it really will harm the brain after a long exposure? I dunno, time will tell :wink:

Breathing the air around us is certainly more dangerous :rolleyes:

Originally posted by alexnoe
Breathing the air around us is certainly more dangerous :rolleyes:

Everything in live is a danger…

If the mobile-phone radiation was really that harmfull, I am sure that living near to antenna would be imposible…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

Everything in live is a danger…

If the mobile-phone radiation was really that harmfull, I am sure that living near to antenna would be imposible… [/B]

Not in that matter , but there are studies of people who live close by high voltage lines (for instance , power cords over their houses). And these people are not healthy at all.

Problem is always the same: one study says A, other says B. I don’t know what or who to trust, just enjoy life and take care.

Just don’t put the antenna in your ears ! :wink:

what antenna?:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]Not enough evidence.

I don’t think it’ll cause cancer , but it’s been proven that it will raise the temperature of your brain.

I’ve just had a 5 day EMC course , so i can tell you a lot about this phenomena :slight_smile:

The best example to use is that it’s kinda like microwaves ,only not as bad as microwaves. Do know that mobile phones transmit 4 watts very very close to your brain ; which will heat up about 2 Degrees celcius in reference to your normal body temperature. [/B]
Think i have read a study suggesting it could be responsible for some kind of cellular protein alteration/degradation, but i have to get back to you about that :wink:

Originally posted by soezepoes
Just don’t put the antenna in your ears ! :wink:

When you study antenna and wave propogation you’ll understand that the mobile phone only acts as 1/2 of the antenna. Basically, it uses your body, and your head, to be the ground and to provide the second half of the antenna, causing a reflected image.

Hard to explain without piccies, but none the less, regardless of how far away you have the mobile phone, it is using something as the ground, and hence as the virtual other 1/2 of the antenna. Usually the mobile phone is at your head, or somewhere on your body, hence it is being used.

The vast majority of studies indicate that at least some temperature rise occurs when using mobile phones. Unrelated studies have shown that cells die very quickly above 45 degrees celsius. How long do you have to hold a transmitter to your head to increase the temperature to that should be the question we are asking.

:slight_smile:

Errr, no.
And that not just because I work for a mobile phone company.