The computer Doesn't Recognize My DVD Writer

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD RECORDER DVD±R RW. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi everybody,
I have my Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1653S. I’ve been using this writer for a whie, now that I’ve brought a new compuer, the writer cannot be recognized by the compuer- in the old computer it was recognized automatically.
So, help me with this, please.

Assi91

More info on new computer. Specs and all that.

Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

Motherboard
CPU Type Unknown, 3400 MHz (4.25 x 800)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 1024 MB
BIOS Type Award (08/12/08)

Display
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Realtek HD Audio output

Storage
Disk Drive Hitachi HDS721680PLA380
Disk Drive Lexmark USB Mass Storage USB Device
Disk Drive WDC WD1600JS-22NCB1
Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1653S

Partitions
X: (NTFS) 78520 MB (51897 MB free)
Y: (NTFS) 152624 MB (59738 MB free)

I’m hoping this is going to give you enought NFO to give me help.

Assi91

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=assi91;2239869]
I have my Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1653S. I’ve been using this writer for a whie, now that I’ve brought a new compuer, the writer cannot be recognized by the compuer- [/QUOTE]Could you please be more specific?
Does the drive show up in device manager? Are there any error indicators?

[QUOTE=assi91;2240291]
Motherboard
CPU Type Unknown, 3400 MHz (4.25 x 800)
Motherboard Name [I]Unknown[/I]
Motherboard Chipset[I] Unknown[/I]
(…)
Storage
(…)
Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1653S
[/quote]At least your outdated tool does recognise your drive :wink:

I’m hoping this is going to give you enought NFO to give me help.
Unfortunately not. Knowing the exact brand and model of the motherboard is the minimum information we need to start with. The information you obtained is useless. Check the manuals and documentation of your new computer if there is something more useful, please.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2240451]…The information you obtained is useless…[/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t say that. :wink: Knowing that he’s not using an OS like Vista X64 or that he doesn’t have other older Optical drives, was important to know. :iagree:

Further to Michael’s requests, make sure you try a new IDE lead, just in case.

Also, perhaps you just need to assign a drive letter to the drive. This is done using “Manage/Storage/Disk Management”.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2240473]I wouldn’t say that. :wink: Knowing that he’s not using an OS like Vista X64 or that he doesn’t have other older Optical drives, was important to know. :iagree:[/QUOTE]:wink: Well, I was thinking of the motherboard which is “unknown”.
My crystal ball suggests, it’s one these newish Intel boards without proper P-ATA support and poor add-on P-ATA controllers :bigsmile:

the dvd ram dont show on my computer ,this happen for the past week ,before everything was fine till i bought a new burnin program call media now ,my pc is a compaq presario cq60-212us notebook pc

Hi and Welcome!

see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/

Michael