The BTC media support list needs updating

Hi Marco

In this forum you keep using the BTC media support list at http://www.btceurope.nl/english/3-2-1MediaSupport.htm as a reference for finding compatible media for the 1004 burner - and keep asking people for MID codes, when they report problems. However I just took a “quick” look at the list and came to the following conclusion:

DVD+R
10 medias listed
6 with MID codes
4 with no MID codes

DVD+RW
11 medias listed
7 with MID codes
4 with no MID codes

DVD-R
21 medias listed
11 with MID codes
10 with no MID codes

DVD-RW
8 medias listed
6 with MID codes
2 with no MID codes

Summary
50 medias listed
30 with MID codes
20 with no MID codes

So 40% percent of the media BTC claim to be compatible (I know it’s not you personally) have no MID codes - or at least they are missing. If this media compatibility list is supposed to help people checking the right media before we buy, I think more efforts should be invested in keeping this list up to date.

Is there any specific reason why you have omitted MID codes for 40% of the medias listed? If they have been tested to work with the drive, BTC should have the MID codes or…?

Im not trying to give you a hard time here - I honestly think you are doing a great job in this forum, and I know you have helped a lot of people including myself. However I still think you need to sort out the problem with missing MID codes - and update the list more frequently. Most of the new media supported with the latest firmware upgrade from 0043 to 0045 are still not listed on the media support list.

I know many companies have difficulties keeping their website up to date, but as long as you extensively refer to this list for reference, I think you have a responsibility to keep the list updated - and correct. I’m sure it will save many users from producing “coasters”.

Cheers :),
Peter

UMPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffff !!!

I’m pushing:bigsmile:

Hope to have the MID codes added by the end of this week.
Sorry for the delay !

Marco
BTC Europe Support

Hi Marco,

I knew you probably were (pushing). That’s the kind of commitment we have all come to expect from you.

Please keep up the good work (even though it’s tough being a supporter sometimes).

Cheers,
Peter

I’ve been a bit busy lately, so didn’t have time every day to check the forum.

DRW1008 SHIPPING NOW !
Within a couple of weeks I expect to have some reviews on the net for your reference.

BETA ANNOUNCEMENT
For the adventurous, www.drvupdate.com will soon be active.
Nota Bene: JUST FOR YOUR REFERENCE AT THIS STAGE !!!

Marco
BTC Europe Support