The Big KProbe2 Thread

And there are some “adjustment” commands built-in, heh he. :smiley:

BTW, never had low PO´s like this before… OK, I was cheating. :bigsmile:

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to make this tutorial rdgrimes.

Originally posted by dhc014
There is a bug in the current firmwares for Liteon DVD Burners. The bug is being looked into, but hasn’t been squashed yet. Attempting to see the supported media list on DVD Burners causes KProbe to hang, thus, it was disabled. You can try it out on CDRW and Combo drives though!

Just tried -Info-Supported Media- on my LTR-40125S. No error messages, no nothing, nada.
Am I doing something wrong or is my CDRW drive “to old”?

:slight_smile:

@ rdgrimes. Is there a Linux version of Kprobe2? I had “hard boot” on mind…

Originally posted by pinto2
[B]Just tried -Info-Supported Media- on my LTR-40125S. No error messages, no nothing, nada.

:slight_smile:

@ rdgrimes. Is there a Linux version of Kprobe2? I had “hard boot” on mind… [/B]

Although the author of the program would be the best to answer this, my guess would be that a Linux version is not available. There are a lot of OS-specific things in KP…

Hmm. Maybe your drive doesn’t support it. :confused: My two combos supported it… and the result looks like the following:

[B]And there are some “adjustment” commands built-in, heh he. :smiley:

BTW, never had low PO´s like this before… OK, I was cheating. :bigsmile: [/B]

you should get low POs now if you PO sum is 1 ie less than or equal to 4. but yes deleting the highest value could be a way of cheating reporting high values. i think its there for spikes.

Originally posted by code65536
[B]Although the author of the program would be the best to answer this, my guess would be that a Linux version is not available. There are a lot of OS-specific things in KP…

Hmm. Maybe your drive doesn’t support it. :confused: My two combos supported it… and the result looks like the following: [/B]

Thank you code65536. It´s not a big deal right now, I´m only curious about all the new functions in Kprobe2. :slight_smile:

BTW if you have external DVD or CD drives you have to set the driver to SPTI to use them.

Just tried -Info-Supported Media- on my LTR-40125S. No error messages, no nothing, nada.

You did press the Query button, right?

Originally posted by dhc014
You did press the Query button, right?

Yep, 10 times. :slight_smile:

Yep, 10 times. :slight_smile:

Probly didn’t press it hard enough. :wink:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Probly didn’t press it hard enough. :wink:

OK, I can get my hammer… :smiley:
Edit: when I push that button, I can hear a “canary-bird”-like sound from my CDRW…? Not loud, but my young ears can hear it, (quiet compu). Weird.

possibly because as the install program says - it’s beta8 version - not kprobe 2.2, but kprobe2beta8 - quite unstable one and problems are axpected to emerge

i can’t get it however why the number was changed and why there is no mention about this being the beta one…

Originally posted by wkandrew
[B]possibly because as the install program says - it’s beta8 version - not kprobe 2.2, but kprobe2beta8 - quite unstable one and problems are axpected to emerge

i can’t get it however why the number was changed and why there is no mention about this being the beta one… [/B]

You are very observant… Yes, it is beta 8. According to rdgrimes, what had happened is that during beta testing, it got leaked out somehow to another forum, and because KP2 suddenly became public like that, the b8 installer was renamed to the 2.0.0 installer and released.

But how do you know that beta 8 is unstable? Have you used it to know? IMHO, beta 8 is quite stable.

Originally posted by code65536
Have you used it to know? IMHO, beta 8 is quite stable (actually, all the betas were pretty stable)…

Excellent question. Perhaps our Polish poster has an answer?
Actually, I’m expecting the next release fairly soon. Don’t know if it will be 2.0.1 or 2.0.0, and frankly couldn’t care less what it’s called. Yes the installer says beta8, big deal. It also says 2.2.0.

well - i’m beta tester aswell, i’m the one that sugested incorporating the singular point removal - and while i don’t know of any other leaking i found it quite strange to relase beta version in such a rush, rebranding it in the way… unstability - well up from version 7 [beta6 being the last working for me] kp2 has some strange problems testing leadout on both my drives - this makes it almost impossible to finish scan

waiting for beta9…

Originally posted by wkandrew
well - i’m beta tester aswell, i’m the one that sugested incorporating the singular point removal

Oops. Sorry, I didn’t know that. I guess we’ll just have to wait for the new version to come in…

well - i’m beta tester aswell

Then perhaps you should identify yourself correctly instead of creating a new account so that no one knows who you are.
There are no stability issues, there is no Beta9.

nobody knows me here under my real name so no need of keepeng to it - if karr is reading it he will know who i’m - and thats enough

beta9 and further
i’m still waiting for it - example bug to fix - selesct log scale, close program, run it again, run test

on left you’ll have proper log scale [bars are scalled correctly to it] - on the right edge there is linear one - with max value equal to that one from log scale - but all other values are messed

solution is to unselsect and select the log scale from r-click menu - then the graph readjusts itself

still one from ever 4-5 tests i perform [nf2 ide w/o SW] goes into blind loop entering leadout

and using w2k3 there are problems uninstalling - it says some reg files could not be deleted… maybe this causes these problems with log scale - but as far as i checked reg files there is almost nothing about kp2 - maybe kp1 and kp2 are not to be kept together?.. needs checking - but after classes
cya

Removed.

hmmm… cannot get KProbe v2.2.0 to scan Mem x4 +RW W11 media.

• “disc unformatted” - when clicking “Check Size”

• “test range error” - when attempting to start scan

• info disc works properly

• info drive works properly

• Same +RW disk scans fine with KProbe v1.1.29.
  • Memorex x4 +R (Ricoh R01) - also scans fine, without problems on KP V2.2.0

Drive 411@811 - FW: H4S3
RecordNow Max v4.5 - PX Engine 507
Memorex x4 +RW (Ricoh W11) - Burn: 4x