The Big Huge Enormous But A Little Smaller Than The Longest One Monty Python Thread

vbimport

Having had a look at This Thread this thread I see we have some Monty “It’s A Dead Parrott” Python fans here.

So I though a nice little thread about them would be enjoyable.

The Python Trio
John “Tis But A Scratch” Cleese
Graham “I’m Not The Messiah” Chapman
Eric “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life” Idle
Michael “Crucifixion? First Door On The Left. One Cross Each“ Palin
Terry “He’s Not The Messiah, He’s A Very Naughty Boy” Jones
Terry” I’m The Guy Who Does The Animation” Gilliam

I can’t remember when I first saw them or even what the program was (nice start eh) but I was hooked. I had to see more. The strange humour, the sillyness it was all-good.

Then I saw the films. 100 Laughs a minute and then some. Some of the best one-liners for me have come from there films.

Then I found the Internet and www.pythonline.com was accessible to me. I am now always popping back to see if the reunion tour IS happening, or another film is being made.

But to tide me over until that time they have all done many different things including films (Twelve Monkeys, Time Bandits, Fish Called Wanda), Books (StarShip Titanic), TV (Fawlty Towers, Around The World In 80 Days), Songs (Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life) and tons more.

Currently I am in the process of collection everything I can get my hands on by these guys because it is just so funny. My little collection is growing daily.

I know we have a few people who like them on the board so take a post and tell us when, why, which and your favourite Python quote.

Now as all Python fans know they don’t like endings. There can’t be an ending, it must be funny but no punchline. It just has to stop. When and where is anyone’s guess but no true ending. It could just keeping on going and going and then

I fixed it for you. :slight_smile:
(Womble was a very naughty boy)

John Cleese or Terry Gilliam… I’ll go for “bring out your dead” Cleese.

A late thankyou to Airhead. :bow:

While I am here I would like to say another big thankyou to Amazon.co.uk for stocking far to many Monty Python DVD’s at low low prices and so therefore taking all of my money off of me. Cheers Amazon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Working in Blockbusters i have personally ordered the whole collection on DVD to rent (much to the dismay of the store manager), therefore whenever i am doing a shift i play one. It’s soo much better than blockbusters T.V and when customers come in and see them playing they get all excited and buy more stuff. Just from them playing sales increase…

My favourite has to be John “Who’s that dogged oik” Clease. He has done so well in many different things. Modern day genius :bow: :bow:

It looks like John Cleese is the early and runaway winner here.

There is still time to vote. Simply because this is a never ending poll. :slight_smile:

I think Monty Python is too british, that not many foreign people can (or are willing) to understand…

Terry Gilliam of course !

Monty Python is/was/will ever be very very good. :bow: :bow: I love watching/hearing their shows. I can always laugh at things suchs as “Bicycle Repairman” and “Ministry of funny walks” , but Terry Gilliam has done so much more ! He made Time Bandits , Brazil , Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and many many more. The guy is a genius. :bow: One of my favourite directors next to Luc Besson.

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is genius. Shame it’s not on DVD otherwise i would have bought it by now. (in the UK at least, and from Blockbusters)

womble this is great man,

monty pythons should have a small section everywhere of any value,

what about the knights who say " ni ",

i have a large collection, well maybe three cd’s worth of quotes and catch thrases from various monty pythons, including the whole parrot sketch, bring out your dead, the lumberjack song and many mnay more,

if your interested i’ll upload/download them to you somehow, you’ll have to tell me how though i’m a newbie,

maybe you could get them off me on a p2p ?
i dunno let me know if your interested anyway

good luck

I see Graham “I Am Dead. Does That Not Count For Anything” Chapman. Still has no votes.

Didn’t know he did Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. Damn it. Now I have to go out a buy it.

I like the insults from the French guards. :bigsmile:
“I don’t wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!”

My fav bit was from the series. I think it was called the fish slapping dance. It was Micheal Palin slapping John Cleese with two small fish while doing a little dance. John then pulls out a massive fish, lines up the shot and lets rip. Poor old Micheal end up falling six foot into a canal.

Man I love that clip.

I liked Spot the Looney:D

I think the americans say it as Mannty Paittthhaaann…:slight_smile: