The best Writer right now

vbimport

I haven´t been in the burning business for quite a while and I´ve heard there are now 54x burners. Are this reliable? Do they worth the try? Is Lite on 52x the best choice right now, based on price Vs. performance. What is the top of the line right now?

I´m looking for a good or maybe the best choice in the market , depending on performance. Speed is important, but reliability is preferred.

Thank you!

There are no “best” writer on the market, as every claimed “best” writer has its own short comings. The only way to get the best is if you buy a Lite-On, Asus, Plextor, and Yamaha.

For me, the best choice would have to be the 52x Lite-On since it’s affordable, defeats a load of protection w/ the appropriate software, and has the most frequent firmware updates.

54x writer? Where?

my vote goes to lite-on as well. the price/performance ratio can’t be beat, and there’s frequent deals on rebadged lite-ons.

i seem to remember some mention of a 54x writer, but don’t remember any details. time gained over a 52x would be negligible tho, and i’m not sure i’d wanna increase the risk of exploding cds any higher than it already is. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Stoner
54x writer? Where?

Originally posted by AZImmortal
i seem to remember some mention of a 54x writer, but don’t remember any details.

Right here, gentlemen > Mitsumi to release first 54x (!) CD-RW recorder - 485FTE