The best video player is

i’m looking for a new video player… BS player crashes way too often… and WMP is suck… does anyone know if sasami2k is still in developemnt? Zoomplayer is alright… but i’;m still searching for the BEST player… should play all formats unlike “the playa” any suggestions?

just install the nimo codec pack and wmp will not suck anymore

WMP is alright, I use it most of the time. People with low end pcs should use Divx Player. BS player shouldn’t crash, make sure you got all the codecs you need.

just install the nimo codec pack and wmp will not suck anymore

Why is that? Will it solve WinXP’s WMP’s problem with sometimes recognizing videos as audios?

afther installing nimo’s codec packi could play all kinds of media in my media player.
All media i made or downloaded could be played.

Alright I’ll give it a try, WMP is working great cept rarely out of some online downloads of fansubs. Thnx for the suggestion, damiandimitri

you will be able to play subtitles with the codec pack . It will find the right subs if they are in the same map as the movie

Well in my opinion, BS Player is great, and problem free :), the old ms media player (that is still in XP) is quite nice, but the modern one 8+ (i think) is rubbish and annoying.

divxpro502 is best for divx files;)

I prefer MicroDVD and PowerDVD XP… You can get a PowerDVD trial at http://www.gocyberlink.com
MicroDVD has been pulled from the authors homepage but you can find it if you search a little…:slight_smile:

Don’t get that player called Redlight, or red something, its suppose to be free but it has adware.

okay, so I’m trying to play a 700mb avi file. When I open it in WMP, it’s all stuttery. Open using Divx Player and it plays smooth through the whole thing. It isn’t really a low-end machine (see stats below). What’s going on? WMP can’t pace itself or something? Trying to play it under XP, not 98SE.

install the nimo codec pack, it contain divx3, 4 and 5 and lots more

It may be WMP’s buffering, change it from auto. Also Divx Player has that quality adjustment, and WMP doesn’t have that so that could also be why, by lowering the quality, you make it smoother. But you can do it with Divx 5.02 for WMP.

That nemo pack screwed up my windows. I think i might have installed a bit too many drivers and they screwed up my system. Looks like i will have to reinstall XP. :a

From Nimo’s Codec pack readme:

There is an INCOMPATIBILITY with the “TFM Audio Filter v1.0 beta 7” and the Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher 0.95, DO NOT Install them together, chose one of them only if needed
Do not chose the G400 Filter if you do not have G400 graphic cards
Do not install the Bicubic Resizer Filter id you do not have any problem about video upside-down.

Try uninstalling it (it will delete EVERY codec it detects, even if it self didn’t install it) and reinstall.
And read the readme this time :wink:

Thanks. If you want to know I did read it, but out of habit i pressed full install- too many game installations before it. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
okay, so I’m trying to play a 700mb avi file. When I open it in WMP, it’s all stuttery. Open using Divx Player and it plays smooth through the whole thing.

Okay, found a fix about this, though I haven’t tried it out yet.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q327609

Summary of problem:
Playback of Some AVI Files Skips in Windows Media Player
SYMPTOMS - Playback of .avi files may skip and stutter. The problem seems to occur more frequently when you play back the content from a CD-ROM device.
CAUSE
The DMO filter, which is used for DirectShow and Windows Media file types, allocates audio buffers 2 seconds long. This occurs to make sure that there is enough audio in the buffer for the Windows Media SDK to use if a specific video frame takes an unusually long time to process. However, DirectShow file types do not require this long of a buffer. In the case of the .avi files, the AVI splitter loses track of how much audio has been delivered.

Source: Microsoft (link above)

Additional info:
You decide to brave the Windows Media Player and use it to play .avi files with it. When you play these files, especially when they’re on a CD, they stutter and skip. What’s up with that? There’s a small problem with a filter used by Windows XP that can cause the buffer to act up. If you’re having this problem, head on over to

Source: WinXPnews (free email newsletter)