The best version of Alcohol?

vbimport

Is there a peticular version of Alcohol that is superior to other versions? Like in the Blindwrite thread, it seems that BW 4.2.5 is the way to go for copying SeruROM CDs, instead of the more recent 4.3.1 (provided you don’t want to use emulation). In this case, the older version is better.
I was wondering if there was a similar situation with Alcohol.
Could an older version of Alcohol be better than the latest version? Would people achieve better results?

Just wondering and very curious! :slight_smile:

I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts or suggestions on this one. Thanks in advance.

The latest version of alcohol is invariably best because it must be updated regularly to defeat the constant blacklisting of its virtual drive with each update of securom.

What’s more, I cannot recall any version of alcohol that has either reduced features or introduced new bugs. (Each release goes through extensive beta testing prior to release.)

Alcohol is not like BlindWrite.

Every new version is better than the previous one.

Alcohol is not like BlindWrite.

I had to laugh at this. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think vio_man likes Alcohol and dislikes Blindwrite. :wink:
I don’t mean to start any software wars with people who stand up for their software - I’m exactly like this when it comes to CPU’s. Love P4, don’t like Athlon! Just a personal preference. Amazing how people do that!
I haven’t decided which to buy (Alcohol or Blindwrite) as I’m still using the shareware versions of both programs.
But I just found the funny side of that comment - It reminds me of the Australian V8s Holden vs Ford!

Anyway…

Thanks heaps for your imput guys. :slight_smile:

i know what you’re sayin’, cjs. (especially about the athlons :wink: )

i can’t compare alcohol to blindwrite because i could never get bw to work right on my system. i do agree with philamber though that the latest version of alcohol is always the best one to use. in fact, a new release is on the way soon that will eliminate more recent blacklisting and add a couple of new capabilities.

Originally posted by CJS
[B]

I had to laugh at this. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think vio_man likes Alcohol and dislikes Blindwrite. :wink:
[/B]

It’s not a matter of personal taste. When I say that BlindWrite is not like Alcohol I mean that there aren’t any drawbacks when updating Alcohol 120%. I can’t tell you about BlindWrite because I don’t use that software, but as you said some people prefer the old 4.2.5 version over the latest ones.

vio_man,

That’s good to hear, thanks! By Alcohol having no drawbacks when updating, that may sway me towards buying Alcohol. That’s how software SHOULD be. It SHOULD improve after every update - even if it’s a minor bugfix.

Again, I didn’t mean to sound rude by laughing at your comment as I was sure there was a real reason behind it! Thanks again. :wink:

Oh, and by the way, here is proof that what I was saying:

I don’t mean to start any software wars with people who stand up for their software - I’m exactly like this when it comes to CPU’s. Love P4, don’t like Athlon! Just a personal preference. Amazing how people do that! It reminds me of the Australian V8s Holden vs Ford!
Here from another thread by Hemispasm
At this point please allow me to say something - my impression over the last months is that there is too much tension over here, people seem to have been divided into two camps, one with Alcohol and one with BW, trying to pursuade the other side of the excellence of “their own” software.

I guess the rivalry lives on! LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Well a new version of Alcohol is released, so give it a try: http://www.alcohol-software.com/download.php

Cool thanks!

I’ll give it a go.

Where can I find out the differences between this new version and the previous version? The changelog? Besides fixing the blacklisting, what else has changed?

ooops sorry,

Maybe I should have looked a bit harder on Alcohol’s website! :o

For those who would like to know:
http://www.alcohol-software.com/history.php

PS: I just realised I’m now a CD Freaks Member with 100 posts! Yay!
(No big deal for those with more posts than me lol :wink: )

Congratulations!

I’m a CD Freaks Senior Member with 309 posts.

Does anyone know the number of posts that are corresponding with your CDFreaks signature?

0 - ? = New on Forum
100 - ? = CD Freaks member
etc…

50 posts makes you “Junior Member”.
100 posts makes you “Member”.
250 posts makes you “Senior Member”.
1000 posts makes you “Die Hard”.
And 2000 posts makes you “CD Freak”

So post away and become a freak (if you aren´t one allready :wink: )

btw our signature is what you get beneath your post everytime.
You ment to say your member status or …

[QUOTE]
You ment to say your member status or …

[QUOTE]

I think member status will do just fine.