THE BEST PROGRAM EVER WRITEN, AND, I LOVE IT!:flower:

vbimport

This has to be the one of best programs ever!!! Remove FBI warning (nice)
Automatically booktypes copied DVDs to DVD-ROM instead of DVD+R/DVD-R (nice). All in one package done :wink: Copies all the DVDs out there!!(nice) I could go on and on…I love this program!!!:flower: :bow:

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2074226]This has to be the one of best programs ever!!! Remove FBI warning (nice)
Automatically booktypes copied DVDs to DVD-ROM instead of DVD+R/DVD-R (nice). All in one package done :wink: Copies all the DVDs out there!!(nice) I could go on and on…I love this program!!!:flower: :bow:[/QUOTE]

And we all agree with ya!!! Yee Haw!!! :bigsmile:

Matter of fact, we get so excited sometimes, the admins have to break out the paper towels!!! :eek:

Oooops… there I go again… :rolleyes:

Just teasin’!!! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2074226]
Automatically booktypes copied DVDs to DVD-ROM instead of DVD+R/DVD-R (nice).[/QUOTE]

This is only for DVD+R, you can’t change the booktypes of DVD-R.

You don’t need to !!!

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2074226]This has to be the one of best programs ever!!! Remove FBI warning (nice)
Automatically booktypes copied DVDs to DVD-ROM instead of DVD+R/DVD-R (nice). All in one package done :wink: Copies all the DVDs out there!!(nice) I could go on and on…I love this program!!!:flower: :bow:[/QUOTE]

Actually it isn’t automatically set for booktype to DVD-Rom. You first have to check the box and save the settings then after that it will change all DVD+R media to DVD-Rom format.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2074712]Actually it isn’t automatically set for booktype to DVD-Rom. You first have to check the box and save the settings then after that it will change all DVD+R media to DVD-Rom format.[/QUOTE]
JMO, but I believe this is what the OP meant;
and as long as you’re splitting hairs…re: your statement, it will only change dvd+R media in a burner capable of bitsetting…or was that what you meant?..:p::wink:

All,

Please BEWARE! Bitsetting does not always work. I must use the IMG BURN burning engine. VSO burning engine or Nero burning engine won’t do it. :confused:

[QUOTE=rogman49;2074764]All,

Please BEWARE! Bitsetting does not always work. I must use the IMG BURN burning engine. VSO burning engine or Nero burning engine won’t do it. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi rog,

I can’t remember what burner(s) you use…I think it’s a samsung?
My experience with Fab is that if the burner has firmware support, Fab will bitset correctly. This may not be accurate for everyone else, however.
Personally, I don’t use the bitsetting feature in Fab at all, but it will work on all my Liteon drives (about 10 of 'em) and my Benq drives.

Take my samsung 203B…great burner, but piss poor firmware support (as in none) from Samsung.
Fab wouldn’t bitset, but then neither would Img initially. Thankfully, LUK! (Img) added support for my burner…I think near the end of last year. Nero cd-speed also worked to bitset on the sammy. No support from samsung though and so Fab will still not bitset this drive.

Now, thanks to C0deKing, there is a patch utility available for samsungs with MTK chipsets:

Patch Utility for Samsung MTK based DVD Writers v3.2.0

Happily, all 6 of of my current burners, bitset automatically, no matter what burn engines I use and without bitsetting enabled on any of the burn engines. (I keep Fab bitsetting disabled).
This makes life much easier for this old brain…:wink:

Hi Maine,

Thank you for the response. I have lite-on and pioneer burners. I always had the bit set option checked in Plat. I noticed by accident that it did not seem to be working. I happened to be using nero info disk with a previously burned +r in the drive. It said bitsetting was dvd+r. I started to experiment with the 3 burning engines. The only one that sets it correctly is Img Burn. If Img Burn works then the VSO engine should work…at least that is what I keep thinking! What do you think? :confused:

Hi rog,
Yeah, you would think so. What are your exact models?
Are there official firmwares for either burner that support bitsetting?

With the litey, you can always use the:
Liteon Bitsetting Utility v.1.3.5.

On really old drives, this setting can be lost when the drive is reset (system reboot), but if this is the case (and I doubt it), you can use the:
Ominpatcher

to make this permanent. (I’ve never had to do this).

I don’t own any pioneers, but if there’s no official firmware, you should be able to patch your burner:
MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for Pioneer DVD-Writers

You may want to ask any questions about the pioneer burner on the pioneer subforum. It should be straightforward though.
It’s very simple with the Liteons.

Hi Maine,

My litey is LH-20A1h-186. Pioneer is dvd-115d. Since I use the litey for most of the writing I will try the bit-set routine. Looks like it is a small zip file to load. Thanks again! :bow:

Myself I would flash the 115D to a 115L also

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2075322]Myself I would flash the 115D to a 115L also[/QUOTE]

I knew there’d be a pioneer aficionado in our midst…thanks Jimbo.

Best of luck, rog

I was intrigued by what you guys were chatting about and looked it up because I’d not heard of this.

Is this it?

http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php

Thanks,

sarlacc

Jimbo, Maine, Sar,

Thanks all for the interest. Yes Sar…good site for info…bit setting will fake dvd reader into thinking it is a DVD-ROM dvd (pre-recorded)

Thanks for the Pioneer tip Jimbo! I will check!

Thanks for the help Maine!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Hi sarc,

K-probe is an excellent Liteon testing utility and it does have bitsetting capability, but I would use the official Liteon Bitsetting Utility v.1.3.5
…there’s a link in post #10.
K-probe is a really useful utility and worth having though.

dont forget about the Settings Utility for LiteOn Drives
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/settings-utility-liteon-drives-v1-1-0-new-241940/

If you flash the 115D to a 115L it will auto booktype the +R media to DVD-ROM’s

[QUOTE=troy512;2075552]dont forget about the Settings Utility for LiteOn Drives
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/settings-utility-liteon-drives-v1-1-0-new-241940/[/QUOTE]

Hi Troy,

The liteon utility looks to be a RAR file. Could you explain how to use it? A little confused :confused:

Hi rog,

Until Troy returns…
You just need to unpack the file. A lot of folks use WinRar…last I knew it was shareware and had a short evaluation period until you need to purchase it.

I use 7-Zip …it’s freeware. Here you go:

7-Zip