The best media around?

Give me your honest opinions, what’s the best cd-rw media around? I’ve always used Kodak and i love them but I was told that Kodak will stop their cd-rw media production soon so I have to get used to some new stuff.

I don’t care about costs, I’m all for quality.

Anything is welcome

It’s time to bring out the dead thread again.

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42555

Although I have had some problems with Mitsui SG Ultra II’s, and I have purchased 700 of them to last some years, mostly they are great quality. I would say Mitsui cdr’s (as per the above) are best followed by good TY’s (some lately seem to have quality control problems or the writers they are used with are cheap crap - Lite-ons :slight_smile: - only joking!

Cost per cd in the uk is £0.46 - which for long term archiving is not that bad.

In a few years time, 20GB cdr’s or dvd++++ will be here anyway.

Ice’y

LiteOn 40125W doesn’t like Mitsui SG II Ultra at all!

my opinion

Best : TY (Thats cdr)
Excellent : Mitsui Gold,Philips Silver Premium,mitsubishi Verbatim DatalifePlus metal azo
Very good :Prodisc,Philips(multipurpose Ritek 7)
Notes :Never used Kodak,had problems with few Mitsui SilverGold.

god damn it, he asked what the best cdrw media is, not cdrs.
i reccomend verbatim and ricoh cdrw media.

I’ve seen some Prodisc CD-RW :Z :Z :Z. Hope you never encounter such ones :eek:

My Prodisc CDRW is about 1.5yrs old and written about 300-400 times and still hasn’t given me 1 C2 error, despite all the scratches.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by cd pirate
god damn it, he asked what the best cdrw media is, not cdrs.
i reccomend verbatim and ricoh cdrw media.

True, guess we miss-read, but it did say ‘since Kodak have stopped…’ and did Kodak ever make cd-rw? Not looked but this seems strange - they probably did, but they must have been real hard to find anywhere.

Ice’y